UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hamsters

bonniebird

Carrot should be ok or a small piece of apple. Only give tiny amounts at a time as they tend to stash it away and it goes mouldy.

Thaks for that, I was thinking about it going mouldy, they don't get handled so I don't wanna be putting my hand in too much, I am more used to rats x

Mine also love a little greenery especially herbs such as parsley or basil. Also a little piece of bell pepper goes down well. But, as Owl says, very tiny amounts not least because they have quite sensitive tummies and are prone to diarrhoea.

Thanks for that :flowers: I was worried about diahorrea, I will give them a very small peice of apple each later, they are sooo cute, but not handled, cage are rotastack, nice and cleaned out etc, but how boring must it be being them :unsure:

I'd avoid the sugary stick things too. My hamster enjoys the odd seed from a butternut squash and also a tiny bit of the squash or courgette too. Also a celery leaf sometimes - just one little section of the leaf at the end of the stalk.

I was thinking 4 separate Syrians, but if these are a group of dwarf hamsters they need even more to be kept away from sugary things as prone to diabetes.

Blimey, I didn't know that. These are the big golden hamsters, very cute indeed. They got the mother from pets@home who sold her pregnant :rolleyes: the boy was in another cage with no back legs and my neighbours son sobbed because he thought no one would want him, so he is in a separate cage, she had 8 babies but ate 6 of them :unsure:

I separated the 2 babies because this morning when I went in to feed them, they started fighting, they are still small but must be getting maturer now, they were chasing around the cage squeaking and squealing, thank God she had bought another cage, I needed a degree to put the bloody thing together though! I am happy now that they are separated :rolleyes:

Chuff she did leave you with a lot on your plate - have you got all 4 separated now.

Yes, the 2 adults were already in there own cages, the 2 babies were in one cage, they were curled up sleeping together etc, then today they started going at each other, really fighting, luckily she had the other cage ready, I would have seperated them before I went away though if I were her, they are sooo freakin cute, I gave them a very small bit of apple each, the adults liked it the babies werent sure.