UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bess The Black Lab

Greygal

Bess has completed her transport run and arrived safely into foster care with us. Just thought you'd all like to know. She is a sweet old thing, very bewildered but most amiable. Panting and pacing for a while initially as expected, but has now laid down for a rest. Someone is going to be a lucky new owner I think!

Edited by Greygal

Well at least it's supposed to be fine tonight!! She is such a dear old thing though and with her poor sight and hearing in a strange place, it must be so stressful for her.

She says ' thanks for the hugs Aunty Gayle and the nice ride too.... do call and see me sometime and give me some real hugs though!:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I'm sure you will all be pleased to know Bess slept last night from 10.30 till 6am with no problems. Hopefully this will be the norm for her once she has got used to the new routines in her life. This morning on her walk she said hello nicely to a terrier and I'm sure she will be fine with other dogs and just turn away if they bark, growl or snap at her. She can only move at an amble, around slow to average walking pace, so couldn't chase cats even if she wanted to! As her sight and hearing are so poor she wouldn't even see a cat unless it came up really close.

She is such a dear old thing though I think would be better with older children who wouldn't pull her around at all. Her poor hearing and sight means she doesn't always realise where people are especially if behind her so steady, gentle owners would be best. All in all so far I don't think you could find a nicer old girl. Wonder who will be first in the queue.....

Well it finally stopped raining so tried to get some pics/video of Bess. Now I can't download them onto my computer as the camera lead has disappeared (wonder which dog ate that :biggrin: ) Daren't risk trying with new camera as my computer is playing up today and IE won't load at all so I think trying something new will probably foul it all up completely. :mecry:

Bess has had two consecutive dry nights which is good. Now we need her to settle more through the day so we don't have to take her out every time she gets up and wanders round which is at least every hour. She is such a sweet little soul bumbling along behind anything that moves so fingers crossed she is going to be OK in a few more days when she feels more at home.