UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ben Nevis Climb

Laura-Anne

Evening All,

Just wanted to spread awarness of my plans to climb the tallest mountain in the UK for Oldies :) I have planned to do this since joining the forum but wanted to get to grips with the club properly before posting anything lol

On the 11th of September 2010 myself and a few friends will be climbing Ben Nevis in aid of various charities. Totts will be acompanying me on the climb (as healthy as Muffin is I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to her) Ill be doing a practice run on Ben Lomond on the 28th August with Muffin and Totts will post updates of our progress.

Was just looking to see if anyone could help spread awareness because of course I want to raise as much money as possible.

I have had many sponser offers from my training club but as they are helping a lot on an upcoming stall atm I wont mention the climb until after ive done my practice run of Ben Lomond.

Any awareness would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Laura

My fundraising page :)

Its a very scary thought but if I can raise a fair amount of money it will all be worth it. Have never done anything like this before :O

But its not all doom and gloom we're staying over night at the bottom of the mountain to have a celebratory party before the long drive home. Could be a 10 hour climb and decent if the weather is poor :o :(

Will get some pics of me Muffin and Totts in training for you tomorrow :D Thanks Amy

Amy that is awsome! Exactly the sort of awareness I was looking for, thank-you really appreciate it. And what a brill pic of Ben Nevis you found as well.

Missed this thread,well done for helping out Oldies in such a fun - and exhausting - way :biggrin: Good luck with the climb.

Thanks :D, don't worry I will be boring you all keeping u'z up to date on whats going on (will try my best to limit photos so not too pic heavy!)