UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dda Watch Vigil

Rumpole

i do believe that it should be ban the person not the breed, but if we then allow pitties in the UK, then look how many chavs your going to get that ditch there staffies and end up with pitbulls. they will only make the breed have an even worse name for them. Theres enough people who already only have staffs to make them think there hard etc

i do believe that it should be ban the person not the breed, but if we then allow pitties in the UK, then look how many chavs your going to get that ditch there staffies and end up with pitbulls. they will only make the breed have an even worse name for them. Theres enough people who already only have staffs to make them think there hard etc

im sorry but i disagree.

The status label attached to pit bulls comes from being illegal, they will be devalued if made legal and we already have far more pit bull types in this country than we do some legal breeds so the ban clearly hasnt worked anyway.

If they were legal at least their owners could take them to the vets when needed and socialize them properly instead of home treating for fear of their dog being seized and walking them late at night in isolation therefore denying them the opportunity to acquire social skills, it is isolated and unsocialized dogs (of any breed) that can acquire issues that may lead to dangerousness and the whole breed pays the price :(

Well done Allie flowers.gif

I may have swore a bit at that silly woman saying Lab's and Retreivers weren't aggressive rolleyes.gif, she should come round here and I'll introduce her to some.

I think the number one dog for bites in this country is labs/retreivers, or at least it used to be, according to hopsitals and doctors. Probably down to being the most popular dog in the country too.

I can show her an agrresive daxi (mini) too if she wants to see one.

It was unfortunate that the blind lady with the lab was set on Allie like that, it's really difficult to imagine what Allie could have said in the circumstances to get her point across without seeming unsympathetic to 'that poor blind lady whose guide dog was attacked'. And it was pretty obvious that they cut what Allie said in reply as well. :angry:

Suspect that didnt' help win over those who don't know the whole story and were already thinking 'I've got a Lab so I'm OK' , but in that sort of situation what on earth do you do? :unsure:

Very naughty and biased of the press to set that up. :glare::angry:

im sorry but i disagree.

The status label attached to pit bulls comes from being illegal, they will be devalued if made legal and we already have far more pit bull types in this country than we do some legal breeds so the ban clearly hasnt worked anyway.

If they were legal at least their owners could take them to the vets when needed and socialize them properly instead of home treating for fear of their dog being seized and walking them late at night in isolation therefore denying them the opportunity to acquire social skills, it is isolated and unsocialized dogs (of any breed) that can acquire issues that may lead to dangerousness and the whole breed pays the price :(

am not saying good riddence pitties are banned or out, i have met one and she was soooooooo friendly and gorgoues, its just ashame that if they were legal that ppl will only get them for the status not cos they care and love of the breed. The attacks from pitties are not the dogs fault its the owners, for start recent one (bit ago now) the man bred and trained them to b visours the dog is only doing what he has being trained to do and only thing he knows.

i know labs can b nasty i worked in kennels, and we had a nasty one in we had to b very careful with him, yet i dont think we had one nasty staffie in x