UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rescue Dog Scam

dibs

CROSSPOSTED

CROSS POSTED WITH PERMISSION:

Can people be aware and spread the work about a gentleman who runs a website rehoming dogs called homedogz. He charges people to rehome the dog and then just dumps them,he has been found out as they have found 2 of the dogs are microchipped and he had left them tied to a post outside a rescue centre. He is also advertising for free dogs on websites and papers,not sure what he is... doing with these.

The police and other agencies are involved

if you look through the site you will see they charge you to rehome your dog, also phone numbers addresses don´t correspond.

outdoor fun classes held in Herts, Beds and Bucks

The guy behind this, calling himself Phil, Is Ben McCloud, prosecuted in Scotland for the same thing. There are several threads on sites about the previous incident and now it seems he's moved to near Bridgend, South Wales. The phone number is for a furniture shop.

These are not nice people, so be very careful.

Please spread the word, some poor people have already handed over dogs and money, God knows where they are now.

I have found various dog ads, including an Akita, described for £150 as "not spaded would make a good Mum". All this from someone claiming to rescue!

CROSSPOSTED

CROSS POSTED WITH PERMISSION:

Can people be aware and spread the work about a gentleman who runs a website rehoming dogs called homedogz. He charges people to rehome the dog and then just dumps them,he has been found out as they have found 2 of the dogs are microchipped and he had left them tied to a post outside a rescue centre. He is also advertising for free dogs on websites and papers,not sure what he is... doing with these.

The police and other agencies are involved

if you look through the site you will see they charge you to rehome your dog, also phone numbers addresses don´t correspond.

outdoor fun classes held in Herts, Beds and Bucks

The guy behind this, calling himself Phil, Is Ben McCloud, prosecuted in Scotland for the same thing. There are several threads on sites about the previous incident and now it seems he's moved to near Bridgend, South Wales. The phone number is for a furniture shop.

These are not nice people, so be very careful.

Please spread the word, some poor people have already handed over dogs and money, God knows where they are now.

I have found various dog ads, including an Akita, described for £150 as "not spaded would make a good Mum". All this from someone claiming to rescue!

The guy in Scotland came to mind reading this, if it's the same one I was aware off he was operating in Edinburgh. Wanker angry.gif

The guy in Scotland came to mind reading this, if it's the same one I was aware off he was operating in Edinburgh. Wanker angry.gif

Yes it's the same one sadly. He was only done for not having a pet shop licence as it's all they could get him on and a fine of £300 which was nothing. He had a load of dogs in an Edinburgh flat :(

The guy in Scotland came to mind reading this, if it's the same one I was aware off he was operating in Edinburgh. Wanker

Funnily enough, someone in work (who I thought I had persuaded to get a rescue dog :rolleyes: ) just asked my advice about something. She saw an ad advertising King Charles Spaniel pups for free. She rang the mobile number and this bloke said his wife had died and he needed rid of the pups immediately, the dogs were in Scotland but he was willing to post the dogs to her. I told her it sounded like a scam and not to touch him with a bargepole. Could it be this person?

Edited by merledogs

That's the guy that lived just up the road from me, I spent ages trying to get a photo of him but I never could, his flat from the outside was disgusting, the dogs were seemingly kept in small cages in the flat. I'm sure that's the guy that sold a couple of dogs on and the new owners were bitten by them. If I remember right Amanda ( greyhound pal ) had something to do with stopping him.

Terri

, the dogs were in Scotland but he was willing to post the dogs to her. I told her it sounded like a scam and not to touch him with a bargepole. Could it be this person?

post the dogs?..post? did i miss the bit where royal mail deliver dogs to your door? it's not a bloody tax disc!

this bloke sounds a right nasty piece of work, is it worth reporting to rspca? i know rspca scottish rspca are not the same thing but would have thought there was some crossover, just becuase police are informed don't assume they'll tell rspca.