UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Trip - The Plan

lil_angel

The committee has been discussing the events to take place at this years camping trip. We try and do different things each year to make it different. This year we do plan to have a board detailing the activities and when they are on so people know in advance and wont be left wondering :)

Most people tend ot arrive on the Friday at varying times and we dont have a planned activity so its people just getting reacquainted with each other and meeting new people who are part of the group.

Saturday

Late Morning/ Early Afternoon - Meet & Greet chance for everyone to meet the committee members, fosterers, transporters etc who are going on the trip. All going to be relaxed and informal.

Mid Afternoon - Pawty, we have a number of fun games lined up for you to take part in with your dog. These games will include things such as pass the parcel, Snoopy Says and Fastest Sausage Snaffler. We intend to have prizes for the winner of each game althought its just a bit of fun rather than competative. As well as the games we would like to have party food. If each person/ group coming along could bring one item e.g a tube of Pringles that would be great. Maybe if we can co-ordinate this hopefully we will have a nice selection and not tons of waste food afterwards.

Late Afternoon/ Evening - Quiz - We will be preparing a multiple round quiz that you can take part in if you wish. Entries can be singles of in the form of teams. Winning individual/ team will receive a prize

- BBQ - As with every camping trip we tend to have a barbecue where we can kick back and relax.

We wont be charging anyone to take parts in any of the events but we will have a collection tin with us and if anyone would like to give a donation then that would be gratefully appreciated :flowers:

We;ve got musical commands. Ive only listed a selection of the games Ive got planned :laugh:

I like chicken nuggets will be fight the dogs for them :biggrin:

If people want to name things not yet suggested on the thread yet then hopefully we wont get to many duplicates. Im sure the dogs will help clear up any excesses

Michaela Ive got the pass the parcel sorted but would appreciate the other items suggested :biggrin:

For the sausages Im not sure if dried or cocktails ones are better. Havent actually done a sausage race before lol

No problem, if you can let me know by the weekend before so I have time to go to the pet warehouse if you do want dried :)

Michaela if we go for dried it should hopefully slow them down a teeny bit lol.

If people can bring their own bbq stuff with them as they will know what they want to eat. I cant remember who brought their portable bbqs last year but we had a couple of them and a few disposables as well.

Michaela if we go for dried it should hopefully slow them down a teeny bit lol.

If people can bring their own bbq stuff with them as they will know what they want to eat. I cant remember who brought their portable bbqs last year but we had a couple of them and a few disposables as well.

I was thinking dried too.. would keep better if it's a warm day .. I can sort those, no problem. :biggrin:

I can bring crisps, twiglets please tell me what else...Do we bring our own to the barbeque or do you need stuff brought for that?

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,

You are more than welcome to use our bbq to cook on, there are a couple of shops in Charlbury to get the meat and stuff :)

Oh... can hardly wait now .. I only have four working days until I'm off :bigsmiley: :pinkie:

Hi Kirsty,

You are more than welcome to use our bbq to cook on, there are a couple of shops in Charlbury to get the meat and stuff :)

Oh... can hardly wait now .. I only have four working days until I'm off :bigsmiley: :pinkie:

Thank you very much that would be great. Glad you have time off. The only thing that would of made the camping trip more exciting is if I was bringing my little staffie baby Missy:mecry: to be reunited with you.

Thank you very much that would be great. Glad you have time off. The only thing that would of made the camping trip more exciting is if I was bringing my little staffie baby Missy:mecry: to be reunited with you.

I know, I would have loved that :GroupHug:

Plates, straws, bowls and serviettes have now been purchased, will get the cutlery and sausages and other stuff tomorrow :)

Edited by doggy.lover