UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fancy Dress

Laura_E

It's my best friends stag do on Saturday and I am going as an honorary stag (I don't think they consider me to be female), the fancy dress theme is Film and TV Stars. I wanted to go as Princess Leia, but all of the costumes that you can buy are quite tarty. I definitely don't have the figure for the bikini costume, and even if I did I wouldn't wear it! I'm also not very keen on the white dress that you can buy ready made- I don't want to look like I've put no effort it, or fork out £50 for it!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd quite like to get a long white hooded robe, but don't know where I can get one. I'm a bit useless when it comes to fancy dress.

Or failing the Princess Leia idea, can anyone think of any other characters that I could go as? :flowers:

this site tells you how to make a princess leia costume....

http://www.ehow.co.u...ia-costume.html

bit complicated though.

you could go as uma thurman in pulp fiction.... white shirt, black trousers, cigarette and black wig... straight forward enough.

I was thinking about going as Mia Wallace, but I've got long blonde hair and it would be quite tricky to hide under a black bob wig. The ehow website suggests using a bath robe, which I don't really want to be wearing on a Saturday night in the pub!! If my mum didn't have so much on at the moment I would ask her to knock something up for me, but she lost Jasper on Sunday and now my niece is in hospital again, so she has a lot more important things on her mind.

I was also thinking about Bat Girl, but all the costumes are really slutty. I don't understand why they don't do fancy dress for the more modest women out there! :rolleyes:

Floppy shirt, waistcoat, tight trousers and sword, and be Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean? Ideally need a threecornered hat, but you'd have the right hair.

Eowyn from Lord of the Rings? Grey jumper and brown pinafore thing with sword. Again, right hair.

Or, really easy, shirt, jeans, stylish-yet-affordable boots, 1 wooden stake, and go as Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Might not count as having made an effort I suppose!