UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Minority Pastime

kats n greys

I really can't see them getting a hunting ban repeal through Parliabment with a minority government propped up by the Lib Dems - unless of course they manage to get it through when the opposition aren't around for some reason.

If it's a free vote and unwhipped, it will be down to everyone to keep a keen eye out for this and make sure YOUR MP is under considerable pressure to be there and vote against.

A minority government can only pass legislation with the help of other parties.

I can't see what pleasure anyone gets out of seeing a poor fox torn limb from limb, or what the problem with a "fake fox" is ? unsure.gif

As to them being a pest, foxes and deer are surely entitled to eat too. Who decided birds were more important & why? We also kill far more animals than foxes do I would imagine. Can you imagine the out cry if fox lovers decided to go lamping? laugh.gif

As to doing it in an area that's 2/3 houses & where there may be domestic pets around etc, anyone that thick shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything more than a water psitol dry.gif

I couldn't agree more with your comments about the dangers of lamping in a built up area. I think the reality is that people who go lamping are not sportsmen or environmentalists but often thugs who can afford guns, 4x4s with bull bars and dogs, who kill for pleasure.

I think the reality is that people who go lamping are not sportsmen or environmentalists but often thugs who can afford guns, 4x4s with bull bars and dogs, who kill for pleasure.

My uncle has been supporting a small colony of feral cats who took up residence in one of his outbuildings in a fairly remote field. The the help of the CPL they managed to trap and neuter all the cats a few years ago then released them back to the barn to live out their lives, so the colony had dwindled naturally to about 7 elderly cats who he's been feeding regularly.

Unfortunately exactly the sort of thugs described above came out one night recently with dogs and guns and killed the lot, most of them were torn to pieces and left where they lay mecry.gif

Other farms in the area have had similar problems with 'lampers' driving out from the nearby town and killing anything that moves.

Unfortunately exactly the sort of thugs described above came out one night recently with dogs and guns and killed the lot, most of them were torn to pieces and left where they lay :mecry:

Other farms in the area have had similar problems with 'lampers' driving out from the nearby town and killing anything that moves.

That is awful. Those poor cats, and your poor uncle too. :mecry:

There are so many sick and evil people living in this world. :(

My uncle has been supporting a small colony of feral cats who took up residence in one of his outbuildings in a fairly remote field. The the help of the CPL they managed to trap and neuter all the cats a few years ago then released them back to the barn to live out their lives, so the colony had dwindled naturally to about 7 elderly cats who he's been feeding regularly.

Unfortunately exactly the sort of thugs described above came out one night recently with dogs and guns and killed the lot, most of them were torn to pieces and left where they lay mecry.gif

How sad and destructive to take innocent lives for pleasure; your poor uncle

. I caught part of a TV programme the other day in which a professional rugby or football player was demonstrating how, off the pitch, he likes to shoot for relaxation and he was filmed shooting a deer, grinning inanely and saying how much of a buzz he got from it; what a role model and what a moronic documentary maker to use him.

How sad and destructive to take innocent lives for pleasure; your poor uncle

. I caught part of a TV programme the other day in which a professional rugby or football player was demonstrating how, off the pitch, he likes to shoot for relaxation and he was filmed shooting a deer, grinning inanely and saying how much of a buzz he got from it; what a role model and what a moronic documentary maker to use him.

It makes me so angry. Who takes the life of an innocent being to 'relax'? Sick bastard.

Don't suppose you remember his name do you?

Have Googled but haven't seen anything about our new 'ConDem' (apt, eh?) government's stance on hunting with hounds, ie whether Cameron is still insisting on a free vote. However, can't see it being high up on the agenda, given other weighty matters they've had to discuss, such as how to fix it so they stay in power for the next five years with an unelected government rolleyes.gif

This could be a way :unsure:

10. Civil liberties

The parties agree to implement a full programme of measures to reverse the substantial erosion of civil liberties under the Labour government and roll back state intrusion.

This will include:

• A freedom or great repeal bill;

• 3 weeks later...

I am not going to comment on the fox hunting because its all been said but one thing I would like to ask is...if all these animal lovers are fighting so hard for animals (and good for them) why do they push,shout at and frighten the horses? they are animals too and probably get extremely frightened by all the horns,screaming and the manhandling that they get. It thoroughly disgusts me to see horses treated this way. x

I am not going to comment on the fox hunting because its all been said but one thing I would like to ask is...if all these animal lovers are fighting so hard for animals (and good for them) why do they push,shout at and frighten the horses? they are animals too and probably get extremely frightened by all the horns,screaming and the manhandling that they get. It thoroughly disgusts me to see horses treated this way. x

There would, first of all, be hardly any point in standing quietly by the roadside, and whispering your disapproval; the hunt would in all likelihood completely take the piss out of the idea of people showing respect for the animals (and they'd probably get a kicking all the same). In my experience the hunters themselves are totally inconsiderate of their animals' feelings: I've seen hunters whipping and kicking their horses, trying to ride them into a group of protesters when the horse clearly didn't want to be so 'up close and personal'. But that kind of behaviour is to be expected of the kind of people who tear around the countryside on horse back with a pack of dogs, in the hope of watching a fox being torn to pieces while still alive.

Secondly, but not less important: the protesters are there to save lives: that of the fox, and maybe cubs. Considering that, I don't think it is fair to criticise them for possibly unnerving a horse (and believe you me, protesters are more considerate of the horses and dogs they've never met, than the hunters of their own horses and dogs!), while trying to prevent another animal from meeting a horrific end to their life. If the hunters would at all care for their animals and be considerate of the stress that they might be under, when being faced with protesters, then the solution is simple: don't go out and hunt!

As for the horns: these are not brought to distress the animals. Hunters themselves use horns to direct the dogs. Protesters (sabs) will know what the directions sound like, and will use the same signals to divert them away from the fox. Yet another example of how to disrupt a hunt and save lives without hurting anyone. I know of an occasion where the sabs, by sounding their horn, actually diverted a pack away from a railway line! Had the hunt had its way, the pack would have ended up on the railway line, with unimaginable consequences.

I am not disagreeing with any of the points made about the hunters etc just saying that I think the animosity should be aimed at the people not the horses. I have seen sabs pushing and pulling horses until they fell over to unseat the rider,waving flags in front of the horses to make them rear up. Yes it will again unseat the rider but it can break the horses back.I don't think misstreating horses is necessary in any circumstances,they are animals too,and just because the hunters misstreat them does not mean others should or what are we fighting for animals rights for?The sabs on the film are pushing and shoving the horses which I do not agree with and no animal lover should agree with. The other sabs I went with did not worry the horses at all and concentrated on distracting the hounds. I know which ones I prefer!! x