UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Needed To Catch Oes Rescue

eileen jones

Last Monday an ex puppyfarm OES bitch managed to escape. The last week has been spent trying to track her and although there have been loads of sightings so far she has not been caught. FOARCT volunteers and locals have spent hours searching but we feel there is a need to bring in extra pairs of legs and eyes.

She is very timid so catching her is going to be a hard one. Local people have been informed, the local hunt, dog warden, boarding kennels, police etc etc. Farmers who have land she may wander on to have also been informed and of course this is the middle of lambing but they have all promised not to be gun happy.

Hundreds of flyers have been given out and there have been a large number of sightings. She was even seen sleeping on the doorstep at one farmhouse with their Rotti but scooted off as soon as she was seen.

We need people living close enough who have free time and enjoy walking to help look around the areas she has been spotted in and next weekend we would like to organise searches on Saturday and Sunday (that is if she hasn't been caught).

Just to add that someone has donated £100 as a reward for a sighting leading to her capture so that may help encourage locals

Car in garage at present, but will come up and help at weekend if not before.

Please would it be possible to put something with her scent on it, e.g. a toy or blanket, in a plastic bag to save the scent, so my Wispa knows who she is looking for?

Car in garage at present, but will come up and help at weekend if not before.

Please would it be possible to put something with her scent on it, e.g. a toy or blanket, in a plastic bag to save the scent, so my Wispa knows who she is looking for?

I think all we have is a collar and a blanket. Will post contact details later. Thank you so much.

The plan is to meet at 10.30am saturday, meeting will (for the time being) be happening at the Co op carpark which is on the left as you go through Pontycymer (just below Blaengarw)... Postcode is CF32 8DD, anyone who's able to join later in the day if you'd pm me i'll pass on a number so you can find where everyone is at the time you can get up to the valley. At the moment I think the plan is the same for sunday!

Thank you again to everyone who's able to join in the search!

Slight update, they are now meeting in a cafe just before the co op, i'll see whatd etails i can get for you Mizz Owl :flowers:

Parking is best in the Co op and walk back to cafe. Thanks so much Louise for updating this. I have had an text from Doglost and need to get back to them. There have been no reported sightings the last couple of days which is a concern but she may be keeping herself out of sight.

this may sound silly but have you asked at local working trials clubs?. they could use it as a tracking challange. ditto any friendly police dog handlers

This is a brilliant idea. I don't think there are any clubs in the area but will check. We have been in contact with the police man who covers the area several times but again the dog handlers at Bridgend might be able to help.

I've emailed Louise, but will ring you Eileen in the morning as it is late now.

We have just got home from the vet. Wispa has managed to impale her foreleg on a large nail and has had to be stitched up under GA. She will be staying overnight, and sadly we are out of action for a little while.

I have however been offered a king-size dog trap if/when you need one.