UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Goes To Crufts

lil_angel

Oldies Club were invited by Marc the Vet (our patron) to join him on thepet.net stand for one day during Crufts. As this was a huge opportunity to promote Oldies Club and oldies in general and hopefully do some fundraising we accepted the offer and went on Friday 12th March (Hound & Terrier day).

Myself, Sandra, Andy, Mel, Marion & Brian as well as the dogs - Graf, Sham & Ruby spent the day interacting with the public, handing out leaflets and collecting donations. We were amazed of how many people we spoke to informed us that they followed us on either facebook or twitter.

I was interview by Marc the Vet for thepet.net and Andy featured on Crufts FM.

We had a photocall at 2pm by the Kennel Club press team and also had photos taken for Dogworld Magazine.

At 5pm after 9 exhausting hours on our feet we called it a day to make our journeys home. We gave out lots and lots of leaflets and raised £175.03. Was a tiring but exhausting day and totally worth it. :)

Some piccies of the day

Our stall

Crufts-stand.jpg

Sandra, Andy & Graf at the stand

Crufts-SanGraffAndy.jpg

Graf showing off his bandana

Crufts-bandana.jpg

Graf taking things in his stride

Crufts-SanGraff-1.jpg

Crufts-Graff.jpg

Sham

Crufts-Sham.jpg

Myself, Brian, Sham & Ruby Meeting Roger Mugford

Crufts-RogerMugford.jpg

Crufts-AmyBrianShamRubyRM.jpg

When Marc wasnt using his sofa for interviews :laugh:

Crufts-Rubysofa.jpg

Crufts-GrafRuby.jpg

Edited by lil_angel

I can remember meeting Roger Mugford's old setter, I can see why he stopped to say hello to lovely Ruby and Sham.

I love that picture of Graf laying down in the middle of everyone walking around!

Looks like some good publicity to make up for your sore feet and the worn out dogs.

Fantastic - looks great. Well done to all of you for spending a very long day, but the publicity is fantastic.

I love the bandana - can we buy them???? Would love one for Ginny, now that spring is here (I think) it's getting a bit warmer for her to be wearing her "I need a home" jumper so a bandana would be great.

Once I get on to my PC, if I donate £10 or something for some banannas. Spirit and Sandy would like one and the rest of the donation can be put towards more banannas for Oldies or put towards other things. It is up to you!flowers.gif

I can do personlised necklaces if anyone wants one! I have "Spirit" around my neck- until some one thought my name was "Spirit"laugh.gif