UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gazebos - For Dog Shows

zico's mum

Hoping to do some stalls for Oldies Club and wondering what gazebos people buy for theirs.The price variations are huge.Argos does a very cheap one for £14.99 which has great reviews,anyone here used it? Are the pop-up ones better? There was one going on ebay that was local but went too high.

Pop up gazebos are a lot quicker & easier to put up & down - really quick with 2 people, even easier if you borrow 2 more for a couple of minutes. Also with the pop up types if wet &/or muddy you are not having to lay stuff out on the ground to sort out. Having worked in Community Fundraising I'd vote for a pop up one any time. None of the modest priced gazebos are waterproof, just showerproof & all are vulnerable on windy days.

We use a heavy duty pop up one. So easy , but dont lend them to army cadets to use overnight in a heavy wind, they get a bit sloppy. Retreat canvas every two years. Are stout enough to be okayed for being near the public on the insurance/ and by fussy venues.

About £120.00 including the high viz ropes and the storm bungees and two sides. Strong enough to get the mud off with a powerwasher. Got it from Go camping.

The pop up ones seem much less wind resistant. I had one but it's first outing was a breezy day and it blew over and was irredeemably damaged. I ended up buying a cheap ordinary one from B&Q and it seems much more stable in wind.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in BM Bargains (? - old Glynn Webb stores) the other day & they had a steel framed gazebo for about £50. Top cover only (ie no sides, though you could buy something seperately if needed I would think) & I don't think it pops up but I would have thought stronger than the usual cheap gazebos.

If the one Lester refers to is still avauilable at that price however that's surely a bargain

Edited by Ian

I was in BM Bargains (? - old Glynn Webb stores) the other day & they had a steel framed gazebo for about £50. Top cover only (ie no sides, though you could buy something seperately if needed I would think) & I don't think it pops up but I would have thought stronger than the usual cheap gazebos.

If the one Lester refers to is still avauilable at that price however that's surely a bargain

I had a look . in the Coventry branch . the ones they have at the moment are a design that is not too useful ; but they may be having some of the HD ones in soon. I could do with a second one or maybe a market stall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:biggrin: picked up a brand new 3mx3m pop up gazebo today,won on ebay for £36.00.When I went to pick it up,explained what I wanted it for (never miss a chance to plug Oldies :rolleyes: ).He opened it up to show me condition and broke the zip on the bag so when I went to pay him he handed me back £5.00 saying to buy a new bag for it and was glad it was going to a good cause.Will have a go at putting it up at work tomorrow,my garden is too small.AND I went via EasyFundRaising too so Oldies get a few pence back,right chuffed I am.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220603063824&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Downside is it won't fit in the boot of my car but does fit in rear footwell.

Edited by zico's mum