UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Begging Letters

zico's mum

I'd like to write letters to local shops asking for donations of items suitable as prizes for stalls at dog shows.Please can someone let me have contact details of an appropriate Oldies Club Committee member to put as a reference should the store/s wish to confirm I am asking on behalf of Oldies,thanks.

When I have written letters in the past I have just quoted the charity registration number. That way they can look it up to ensure that it is all legitimate. I also put the information on headed paper with the Oldies Club logo.

Not sure if that's helpful, but it usually works for me. :flowers:

If I could send you pictures of examples of paintings I have done, of peoples houses, could you sell commisions on your stall that I can do from photographs? all money going to Oldies. I would do postage packing mounting?

I have done a number of houses local to me in Oxfordshire for presents.

It was just a thought. If not no worries.

• 1 month later...

Quick update here,sent out just 10 letters to gauge interest and recieved 3 positive replies.Tesco donated a £10.00 gift card from their local store charity which has bought several packets of treats for prizes;a local garden centre contacted me and said I could go in and choose some treats which I did and Countrywide stores gave me a £25.00 voucher to spend as I wish so may buy a dog bed or leads/collars as larger prizes.Not huge amounts but it all helps :biggrin:

:flowers: well done,thats a lot more than if you hadn't tried at all.

My son works in an Avon warehouse and can buy up ends of lines very cheaply and will donate perfumes,bags,creams etc to anyone who is doing a stall if delivery/ collection can be arranged. I put some on the OC stall I helped on in Milton Keynes and they went down well. x

Yay great work!

Id love to do the rounds with the shops around me but I wouldnt know where to start with a begging letter. I tend to come off as needy and annoying tongue.gif And I dont want people to think theres an annoying needy woman from the Oldies Club harassing them happy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
:bigsmiley: James Wellbeloved have just delivered 2 boxes of goodies,one box contains poo bag dispensers,treat bags,rope tuggies,dog towels.The other contains boxes of Crackerjack treats and sample bags of their foods.I'm chuffed to bits,they will all make great prizes.I am rapidly running out of storage space now and Duncan goes ballistic every time more goodies arrive and he doesn't get to sample them :laugh: