UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Leaves And Dog Poo

Spins4me

Just back from walking the dogs. They both poo in small dribs and drabs, do a bit, run around, do a bit more and so on. I picked up three or four lots and binned them and then Como got into the middle of a big patch of leaves - maybe 4 - 5 metres long and 2 -3 metres wide and went again. Absolutely no way that I could find it, he was off lead and not close to me, so I couldn't even judge where to look. I was then harangued by a man walking his dog for not picking up after Como. I explained that it was in a patch of leaves, impossible to see etc. He continued to harangue me, saying his boy went to the nearby school and came home every day with dog mess on his shoes. I politely suggested that if he wanted to help me find the stuff I'd be only too pleased to pick it up. Just got another load of abuse and was told he wasn't going to waste his time etc etc. OH was with me and I had to stop him from suggesting that he told his son to look where he was walking - not exactly the most helpful suggestion!

It is disgusting to step in dog mess and worse to have to clean it off shoes but what could I do? I'd still be out there trying to find it.

I have, on occasion, pretended to pick up poo when I couldn't find it unsure.gifblush02.gif. Poo is very sneaky at disguising itself sometimes.

May do that in future. Can't cope with being harangued by people whose dog isn't even wearing a collar! Also can't undersand why I should feel so guilty when I can count on one hand the number of times I've left it because it's turned invisible, it's in a load of nettles/ brambles, it's too crumbly to pick up(dogs are raw fed and sometimes poo crumbs :rolleyes:)

I dont seem to get haragued at all now. I n fact i dont seem to bump into many people at all.

Teddy Texas has to poo every half mile mile starting of with big firm content and continuing until its just err -you dont want to know. He likes to have an audience as well.

Pretend poo picking is a definite skill requirement.

I also carry a disinfectant spray.

plus several types of bags, depending on the ultimate disposable point,

degradeable cardboard poo pickers when I am going to bury it under willows.

A big black grabby thing and a long handled foyer pan for when I want to make a big play out of picking up other peoples. (organised sunday mornings in the summer, everyone welcome.)

Membership application cards for Cakkaphobics anomyous

Business cards for my cleaning business to go around thier house once a week a de poo the garden and a price list for fitting dog toilets.

I have just ordered a hi viz coat overprinted with " danger biohazard" ,"blood, vomit, faeces, carcase decontamination. I was going to have " murder /suicide clean up" but they want extra, I already do a lot of taxis.

I even thought of getting a plastic helmet with one of those fake poos stuck to the top, but the doctor increased my prescription.

I have, on occasion, pretended to pick up poo when I couldn't find it unsure.gifblush02.gif. Poo is very sneaky at disguising itself sometimes.

I do that too! Pick up a few leaves so it looks like you have picked it up when the poo has completely vanished into thin air!!!

I dont seem to get haragued at all now. I n fact i dont seem to bump into many people at all.

Teddy Texas has to poo every half mile mile starting of with big firm content and continuing until its just err -you dont want to know. He likes to have an audience as well.

Pretend poo picking is a definite skill requirement.

I also carry a disinfectant spray.

plus several types of bags, depending on the ultimate disposable point,

degradeable cardboard poo pickers when I am going to bury it under willows.

A big black grabby thing and a long handled foyer pan for when I want to make a big play out of picking up other peoples. (organised sunday mornings in the summer, everyone welcome.)

Membership application cards for Cakkaphobics anomyous

Business cards for my cleaning business to go around thier house once a week a de poo the garden and a price list for fitting dog toilets.

I have just ordered a hi viz coat overprinted with " danger biohazard" ,"blood, vomit, faeces, carcase decontamination. I was going to have " murder /suicide clean up" but they want extra, I already do a lot of taxis.

I even thought of getting a plastic helmet with one of those fake poos stuck to the top, but the doctor increased my prescription.

biglaugh.gif I have visions of a Ghostbusters style crew, with a some what, altered theme tune biggrin.gif

I do that too! Pick up a few leaves so it looks like you have picked it up when the poo has completely vanished into thin air!!!

Yup, it's amazing how much acting talent goes into the fake poo pick whistle.gif

I have had to do that on the very odd occasion, it's dark, the orange street

light is too far away and i dont have a torch, but happily it was away from where anywhere walked or should walk anyway on a grass bank.

Nobody's ever harangued me - do people really do that? :ohmy:

I seem to spend ages looking and have quite a good 'find rate' but occasionally if it's a really runny one for some reason then frankly there is no way it *can* be picked up. I reckon I must spend longer on average looking than most people, at any rate the only comment I've ever got from other walkers is along the lines of 'well, if you can't find it, what are the chances someone else will*! '

*probably fairly high, given normal operation of sod's law, I fear. :laugh:

I seem to spend ages looking and have quite a good 'find rate' but occasionally if it's a really runny one for some reason then frankly there is no way it *can* be picked up. I reckon I must spend longer on average looking than most people, at any rate the only comment I've ever got from other walkers is along the lines of 'well, if you can't find it, what are the chances someone else will*! '

*probably fairly high, given normal operation of sod's law, I fear. :laugh:

Yep - he was really going for it, I was glad OH was around as he was a big skin headed thuggy looking type The haranguing man, not OH!!). he had no answer though when I promised to pick it up the poo if he found it for me. Did say he wasn't going to waste his time looking. Felt like saying maybe you could spend your spare time getting your dog a collar and name tag but decided against it.

I hate leaving poo around and like you do a careful search, this time the patch of dead leaves was just too big, plus, from a distancer Como was only producing pellets - he was fairly empty by that time.

I'm practising my pretending to pick up lost poo skills!! :laugh:

Yes - me. :laugh:

I have been known to have a go at a woman whose dog did a poo right under my nose on the well used canal towpath. I offered her a bag but she had no intention of picking it up. She was told in no uncertain terms that people like her give responsible dog owners a bad name.

That's not to say that I've always been able to find the deposits mine have left and the amount of time I spend looking is in proportion to the likelihood of anyone stepping in it.

Pam

Not only does poo paws git face choose to do it in a leaf patch he then does the back leg scrape and flicks it all over the place. I have to admit I am then guilty of the pretend pick up!

I've never been harangued but a lady did take the trouble to get off her bike just to say that she was so pleased to see someone actually picking the poop up!

That's not to say that I've always been able to find the deposits mine have left and the amount of time I spend looking is in proportion to the likelihood of anyone stepping in it.

Pam

I think I've reached a point where I'm hoping that the poo ranter's kid does step in it and is wearing those really ridged -sole trainers so it will be hell to dig it out. I've actually accidentally trodden on some of my two's leavings in the garden. It just collapsed in a pile of crumbs, raw fed dogs do fairly solid poo so my hopes of yucky stuff on trainers is probably not going to happen.

Note to self - let it go, let it go...it was just a random ranter. :wacko:

I remember an old boy approaching my sister and myself one day to "have a go" about dog poo , boy was that a big mistake, he ended up getting a real ear bashing in stereo, and scuttled off apologising laugh.gif, dunno why he picked on us, neither of our dog's had poo'd unsure.gif

One thing that i have spotted in our parks recently which is disgusting.. is people hanging their dog poo bags already filled on the fences or near a tree as they cant be bothered taking it home and disposing of if their is no bins.. :angry:

Why are they doing this though ? Are you sure it is laziness, its more likely to be the lack of bins., and perhaps not an adhoc activity.

Many parks have no provision at all for any kind of litter and some cities do not provide any where near sufficient doggy requirements. Birmingham is one of these as it is run by some by Antidoggists. A large rec near me often has a little pile of filled bags near the entrance. On investigation I discovered that this a a proactive response by the local to the lack of facilities and also the show their defiance towards the bottle smashers and anti dog ---graffiti. The pile is made where the doggy bin used to be before being removed. The local yellowcoat man admits he appreciates the system . The rest of the park is privaties in this respect.

So is there some form of protest in other areas. There are some areas , like here, where most of the people prefer to live in filth , so the council responds accordingly. Its the dog owners that do the extra work in cleaning our two little parks, and indeed ,were responsible for th e spraying when swabs showed that rat activities in the childrens play area were over the top. We also do a needle patrol twice a day. After a recent rape and two attempted murders , the council were asked to repair the lighting but would only chop back some of the bushes. So you can imagine what will happen to our request for a doggy bin.

A further complications is that maintenace is privatised and the contractors do not have a key for on eof the remaining bins, and the other one still half full of deposits made prior to there contract.