UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jerry! Jerry!

Fee

jerrysmiles.jpg

Jerry is a lovely big lad and he's thought to be a Ridgeback cross of about 7 years old. He arrived in Oldies Club care as an emergency case along with his friend Lady, who has now been rehomed. Their owner became ill and both dogs were being left outside, sometimes for days at a time, because there was no-one available to care for them. Oldies Club decided to move them into temporary kennels until a suitable foster home could be found.

jerrysofa2.jpg jerrysofa3.jpg

Jerry moved into his foster home in Oxfordshire some months ago and he had no trouble making himself at home, as you can see from his photos! Here's what his foster mum has to say about him…

You wouldn't think it to look at him, but Jerry is the soppiest, lovable dog I have ever had the privilege of meeting. He loves being around people and having kisses and cuddles, but he isn't pushy about it - just a subtle paw on your knee every now and again. Be aware though, if he sleeps upstairs he likes to be under the duvet on your legs!

On his walks he pulls like a small train to begin with, but after 10-15 minutes he settles down. He does love his walks and come wind, rain, snow or ice he gets really excited when his lead comes out. He's currently being walked about 3-4 miles a day to try to burn off his excess weight. He's ok off lead, but his recall does need some work as he tends to get distracted by his surroundings. Recall training shouldn't be too much of a problem though as he's very intelligent and he does love his treats.

jerrysofa.jpg jerrypeeking.jpg

Jerry has been left alone with my own dogs for 3-4 hours at a time without any problems. He really loves having company though, so I think he'd much prefer a home with someone who can be around most of the time.

I haven't had an opportunity to see him in close proximity to cats, but he does pull towards any he sees on walks. I therefore think he'd be better suited to a cat-free home.

Jerry is good with other calm and steady dogs, but he will get angry with boisterous ones if they get too bouncy or pushy around him. He used to be very possessive over his food, toys and sometimes any people he was sat close to. This has been corrected now, but it is something for any potential owner to be aware of.

Jerry was overweight when he first arrived and I have found the "Burns High Oats" diet to be the most effective. I feel that he could probably still lose a few more pounds, but at his last weigh in he was 45kgs and the vet says this is his ideal weight.

Jerry seems to be okay travelling in the car now. He was sick once or twice at first, but this hasn't happened since so I think he may be getting used to it.

jerrypals.jpg

The lucky person who offers Jerry a forever home will have an infinite supply of love, kisses, cuddles and affection. What more could any one want?

———————-

If you are interested in Jerry, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Jerry can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet him.

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck munchkin!! I feel blessed to of had you in my life flowers.gif

It was a sad moment, only wish he didn't look back like the rest of my foster's. But me thinks he is going to be very spoilt in his new forever home, and you deserve it.

Enjoy your new special walks, and hope you like the water!

Brilliant news! I hope he enjoys a long, healthy and happy life in his new home. Now.....how about working the same sort of magic for poor old Muffin who is just gorgeous but so far unwanted? Surely there is someone out there looking for an only dog to love them to bits!