UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy Birthday Monty

cabbagepatch88

I would just like to say Happy Birthday to my lovely boy Monty who is celebrating being 8 years old this month.

Monty was picked up as a stray in Ireland when he was 1 yr, and we adopted him from Dasha Dog Rescue in 2003 when he was 18 months old, having had a string of unsuccessful rehoming attempts. We adopted Monty because he was placid enough to live with my brother who is autistic and absoloutly adores dogs, along with 2 cats and various rabbits and guinea pigs.

As time went on I took Monty to various Companion Dog Shows where he always did well because he's so handsome :love: In 2004 he qualified for the 'Scruffts' final at Discover Dogs at Earls Court and won his class to be Most Handsome Crossbreed Dog 2004. Following this he did an appearence on Blue Peter, appeared in several newspapers (local and national) and even went on BBC Southern Counties Radio. We also featured on the Pre-Crufts Coverage Programme on BBC1 in 2005.

His success didnt stop there. In 2004 we also took up Agility and have never looked back. Over the summer we're out competing most weekends and since 2005 he's won up to Grade 3 and consistently has good results aswell as qualifying for several big finals. He also did flyball for a year and loved it. We only did one competition where his team came 3rd, but had to give up due to Agility commitments. He also qualified for the Companion Dog Club finals at Discover Dogs for the next 3 years and also won Most Handosme Dogs 2005 (not that we're greedy..).

Monty really is a true all rounder and is successful at everything he turns his paw to, im a very proud mummy :love: Happy Birthday Monty!

monty.jpg

montyandbenji.jpg

ben24.jpg

I've always loved you Monty (especially as you were my very first foster) but I know you have had a better life with Sam and her family than I could have ever offered you.wub.gif wub.gif

Have a very happy birthday, handsome boy - and continue to enjoy your life to the full. I will be waiting to see you at Olympia next yearsmile.gif