UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas Cards

reds

Why do people buy Christmas cards that are not charity ones?

It's something I find strange as if you can buy a pack of cards for the same sort of price as a pack of charity cards, why would you not? If you can give money to charity without any effort or expense and for something you would be doing anyway, why not charity cards?

Genuine question!

I won't buy cards unless they're charity ones because it's nothing but a wasted opportunity otherwise and I don't see the point of ordinary ones just for the sake of a design.

I always buy charity cards, but non-charity ones are usually much cheaper, so as with everything surely it is down to personal choice and finances.

I agree Brenda, unfortunately I do find charity cards are FAR more expensive. I have had a mixture of charity cards this year.

I've not been able to afford charity cards the last couple of years plus wasn't very mobile either. This year I bought from good old ASDA because I didn't have any money at all until a few days before Xmas and wasn't able to go to shops as working in the middle of nowhere and up the wall with rescue stuff. ASDA is only up the road from you and I whizzed up there quick one night too close to Xmas to actually get them in the post in time. Lots of reasons why people just can't physically purchase them never mind financially. Charities don't lose out where I'm concerned as I support those anyway when I can.