UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Things They Say Or Do To Embarrass You ....

snow

Not the child but the mum who was embarrassed in this case, but my OH was in the supermarket recently unloading his shopping, which included bird food for the garden.

Behind him a little lad sitting in a trolley was very interested in everybody else's shopping and kept asking his mum what's that, what's he got etc.

He saw the bird food and asked "what's that man got?" and his mum's answer was "he's got fat balls" - apparently the whole checkout collapsed laughing!

It can work the other way. My Mother was good at embarrasment as well as being a bit of a " Blanche " at times.

"I dont know why you want to marry him. He has had a lot of women and they were all dirty........ and some were not even real."

The registrar nearly had a stroke.

In The early 80s I worked for a while with a group called "The Greatest Show On Legs" an all male risque burlesque group, famous for recreating an old music hall acts ,usually including forms of nudity.

My Mother in all innocence, cemented my Quentin Crisp ish reputation in the neighborhood, by proudly telling everyone that I was in " Legs and Co"

( for those too young to know . Legs and Co was a female dance troupe that danced in flimsy costumes on a TV music show.)

These have all given me a right giggle :laugh:

On the bus with my nephew Bryan one day, on spying a man with an eye patch he loudly proclaimed "that man looks like Danger Mouse"

Friends 7 year old was on the bus with her Dad, they were waiting to get off the bus when Emma piped up in her extremely loud voice " Dad, your willy smells !"

I vividly remember being given a book when I was about 8 called Where Babies Come From, after reading the book with mounting horror I marched into my Grandparents house, threw the book down in disgust and said to my Gran," do you know my mum and dad did sex three times !" (I have a brother and sister)

I also remember waiting to cross at the "green man" one day, my mum was on the opposite side waiting for me, when a man who was a dwarf stepped up beside me, moving my hand over his head then my own I bawled across the road " Ma !look ! me and him, we're the same size !".....I think Mum came very close to choking me that day.

Claire my youngest was aged about three, she was sitting in a trolley going round asda singing as loud as she could that old classic p**** in Blue Jeans.

Kirsty my eldest daughter also about three, we were having lunch in a packed police club, the manageress turned to her and said Kirsty you've got a runny nose, Kirsty pipes up that's nothing my knickers are falling down, there were quite a few people choking on their pints that afternoon.

Terri

A few classics that I was responsible for saying as a child.

Around Sunday luch one time I told my grandad to stop being such a nymphomaniac as he was complaining about being ill. I was eight at the time and had clearly meant to say hypochondriac, I have no idea where I got nyphomaniac from!

At the same dinner I also referred to the Dulux dog as the Durex dog! blush.gif

Then when I was six my dad took me to the panto and it had got to that part in the play where all the children repeatedly say 'he's behind you'. Noticing my bemused expression my dad tried to encourage me to join in, at which stage I turned to him and said in a rather precocious manner "be quiet father, the man's clearly an idiot" ohno02.gif laughingsmiley.gif

I have never been able to live that down!

Oddly enough I was just reading the first two & thinking you were obviouslya precocious child, then I got to the third :biglaugh:

Only happened last week, he told his teacher that Mommy bought a vibrating "thingy" with batteries, what he forgot to mention was the fact that it was....

You're amongst friends here dear, no need for modesty, or explanations :D

Not sure why my post was so slow & then packed up earlier, before it appeared as the half I'd got done but it was supposed to say embarassing Owl, Billydog, Judith, mum24dog, Celeste & Ailsa'smum

I smiled at Gremlins "Rock & roll" but had more of a "knowing grin" :biggrin: for Ziltha's "sexy"