UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animate Dog Coats - With Belly Protector

zico's mum

Does anyone have one of these? (Wendbert has I think).I bought one for Daisy as the belly protection seemed a great idea with her heart problems.She wore it for the first time today and I was miffed that the belly piece is absolutely sodden,and this was in a light drizzle,not heavy rain.OK I know she's low to the ground but think this piece should also be waterproof,before taking it back to my lovely local pet shop and complaining just wanted to see if others who bought it had the same problem.

http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/animate-belly-coat-waterproof-blue-p-28393.html?manufacturers_id=282&osCsid=283012ec3152e3c7c0acf3fb2728bd93

We do have that one, but so far, not had any problems with the belly section getting soaked :unsure: It has got a little damp, but only where Wiggle or Sir H have kicked up water with their front feet, but then they are higher off the ground, as it were.

That's probably not very helpful, is it? :flowers:

We do have that one, but so far, not had any problems with the belly section getting soaked :unsure: It has got a little damp, but only where Wiggle or Sir H have kicked up water with their front feet, but then they are higher off the ground, as it were.

That's probably not very helpful, is it? :flowers:

Lynn, no I haven't got one of those, but the coat cliffy wears (sometimes) has a belly

protector underneath, which gets mucky and wet, but then again Cliffy is built

lower to the ground than Daisy

I've just bought one, and its fab, but its on a leggy whirrier. It is waterproof all over, but of course if the water gets in behind the belly protector it will be wet inside. What I like about it is that it fits really well and doesn't slide about at the back end (leg straps if absolutely necessary but I haven't needed them.

Am thinking of copying the design and getting one made that has a harness built in!

Ruth

I took it back and got a refund,I think it may have just been that coat that was faulty as a neighbour has 2 JRTs,one - another Daisy - is smaller than my Daisy but when she wears her coat the outside of the belly protector gets wet but not the inside which in my case was really soaking wet,hence Daisy's chest being very wet too.