UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Whats Some Of The Worst Christmas Pressies You Ever Had

Cafferysmum

Hubby and I were chatting about this before...

He got a perfume set from an old Aunt bless her who was blind

Out of Date Wine from his best mate :laugh:

My motherinlaw in the early days seemed at a loss... and bought some dreadful stuff..

A knicker and Bra Set that I wouldnt get one boob in never mind two

A Handbag that had a hole in it..

A Red and I mean blood red, Top and Trousers in like a furry fabric so as a joke i put a black belt on and boots and looked like father xmas...

A passport holder/driving license holder/check book holder, none of which i had at the time...

Luckily over the years, we have geared her a bit more and she no longer buys us stuff like that :laugh: :laugh:

My mother's gifts to Mark, my husband, are usually particularly mad.

Highlights include:

- a mug that turns colour when you put hot liquid in it - for someone who never drinks any hot drinks at all.

- a plastic glowing bug on a stick. It was hideous anyway, but I think intended as a garden ornament. Mark rarely goes into the garden by choice...

She means well... :laugh:

My mum means well but some of the christmas decs she brings along to "contribute" are spectacularly cheezy. They've included plastic candles and tealights on batteries :wacko: I've told her that I'm not doing christmas this year - or ever! - so that crimbo decs will not be needed. If she can't help herself I'm afraid they'll go back to Holland in her suitcase.

Where do I start :biggrin: .

Last Christmas mush for brains gave me a watch, last time I wore a watch I was in my twenties ( in my 50's now ) he also gave me a couple of dog books that were aimed at children. My birthday was in April and there was a huge big box on the dining room table,I was told not to touch it, he was warned if it was dishes he would be wearing them. Got up the next morning to see formaldehyde man standing there with the box, the eejit had gone and bought me the biggest bloody George Forman grill he could find, he thought it would be handy for me cooking sausages for the B&B :mad2:. I told him exactly what I thought and I've given it to my son who had been wanting one for a while. He's been told what I want this year by my daughter and with a bit of luck I should get it.

Terri

Before my Mum completely mislaid her marbles I got a bag of Belgian biscuits from Lidl one year....I wouldn't have minded but I hate Belgian biscuits, then there was the tacky Santa Clause, I gave that to Terri who's known for her love of tat and now she has a matching pair :biggrin:

I haven't received a bad present but I always cringe when I remember that one year i was stoney broke so gave my brother and sister-in-law a duvet cover I had but had never used (minus the pillow cases coz I couldn't find them) and gave my other sister-in-law one of those knitting gift sets :blush02:

Cheating a bit as it wasn't for xmas & I almost put this in the Virgina Ironside thread in contro. but from the Woodland Trust - well intentioned perhaps but

A) It wasn't my tree / identifiable in any way - just a certificate saying money had been donated in my name.

B) If it had been I've still never been there or expressed any interest in this Charity

Heathen that I may be here I'm afraid I looked at it & thought :mellow: "What am I supposed to do with that?" - I'd rather have had the money or at least a small bush or something for my own garden. Alternatively a donation to a dog charity would have been of more interest to me.