UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ttouch Advice

cheryl33

Hey guys just after some advice

Someone at flyball mentioned Ttouch and I looked on their website and it looks really good. Is it possible to do it with two dogs?

Has anyone done it and have you noticed any difference? I only ask as its a helluva lot of money! x

Is there a workshop near you? They are not usually expensive - and you learn how to do with your own dog.

I did a weekend one with Marie Miller, organised by a dog club. It was really good. I had a copy of the book 'In touch with your Dog' but it didn't make a lot of sense until I went on the workshop.

One of my dogs loves it but the other didn't like it all, at first. With perseverance I discovered he would let me do it on his back for a couple of minutes, bit only at the base of his tail,and only if I did it very firmly.

I have been able to increase the time I can do it and I can do it over more of his back, but I think he just puts up with it. He doesn't show any enjoyment.

Cheryl, I did a small taster session up here for a morning, learnt

loads and it does seem to help calm Tessie down when she reacts to

noisy traffic and trailers that bounce on the raod as they pass us.

I was shown by Rachel (lots of lurchers on here) as she teaches TTouch.

Try PM-ing her, she might be able to let you know of someone near you.

Hi - I have 1-2-1 sessions with Eddie at home and the improvements with him are amazing. Me & my friend are also going on a one day workshop in February with Marie Miller and Sarah Fisher in Bath. There is more info. on Marie's web-site. I think once you have a session or two the books definitely make more sense, well they did to me anyway!!

Edited by janeddie