UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Leg Cramps

lil_angel

Twice this week Ive woken up with searing cramp in the back on my right calf.

First time I woke in the middle of the night with cramp in my leg and both my hands feeling of pins and needles. Once I had managed to sit up and get the duvet off I could stretch my leg out but was left with a dull ache in my leg all day which travelled up to my knee before finally wearing off in the evening.

Second time happened this morning. I had been up and to the bathroom 2 hours prior with no issues. Decided to be lazy and go back to bed. Mum woke me up to show me something I sat up and then the searing pain can back again in the same leg but this time only my right hand had the pins and needles feeling. Again the searing pain has subsided but my leg really aches.

I dont know if its maybe the position Im sleeping in thats causing it or it could be something else. Dont know if anyone can give me any suggestions or advice on why this keeps happening :unsure:

I had dreadful leg cramps in the night for no reason anyone could find. They decreased somewhat when I changed to a double bed, but were still an occasional horror. Then one of my dogwalking pals told me the best thing you can do for a leg cramp is to stand on a cold tiled floor. As we don't have such a thing upstairs and I can't walk more than a step or two with cramp, I have placed a very large ceramic tile next to the bed. I can't tell you if it works or not because after I put the tile there I never had another cramp! Worth a try, Amy.

I had a spate of this so can definitely relate to your pain, unbelievable how much it can hurt! To be honest I'd forgotten all about it as it hasn't happened for so long, since I started taking iron for anaemia I suppose.

Advice on here was tonic water before bed which I also did.

There could be an underlying reason or it could just be something that comes and goes. Depends how regularly it happens :GroupHug:

Try keeping a diary of when they happen too, incase their is any food or drink link. I confess if i get wellied, I sleep so deeply i dont move for hours and often get sleep cramps :laugh: I do keep a bottle of tonic water by my bed but if im p*ssed they are definately worse

i also suffer badly with night cramps and my doctor says its lack of calcium that causes night cramps and your muscles tensing when you sleep. I take quinine sulphate before i go to bed, but recently i bought crampex tablets from the chemist these are for night crams too, but i must say i preffered the quinine.