UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Alpha Leader

Mrs Mop

I have been waiting for this to be put up on the internet for some time, I was sent it in confidence which is why I didn't put it up here. This is written by the man who's book the Alpha theory came from. He has since tried to alter the book but the publishes refuse to let him.

It is very interesting reading

http://www.dogsandco.info/alpha-leader.php

I have been waiting for this to be put up on the internet for some time, I was sent it in confidence which is why I didn't put it up here. This is written by the man who's book the Alpha theory came from. He has since tried to alter the book but the publishes refuse to let him.

It is very interesting reading

http://www.dogsandco.info/alpha-leader.php

I thought the phrase, as regards dogs, tracked back to The Monks of New Skate, in the 1970's?

Prior to that, the Schenkel captive wolf study in 1947 used the phrase?

And prior to that, Colonel Konrad Most created the dominance model during the Victorian era.

fab article and completely backs up the recent dogs trust study carried out by bristol university and firmly backs up what i have always believed.

anything kept in captivity will evolve to deal with its circumstances and environment and should not be used to determine natural behaviour seen in the wild.

She knows what I think about that :laugh:

I had a row with one of the Admins on the forum I know her from, because this person thought it was ok for her to let her dog aggressive dog go out of her sight off lead and attack another dog. This happened several times and I did try to help but she is in denial, I ended up by telling her what I thought, no bad language was used, and walked away for that board. The person who has that web site used to talk to me by pm quite a lot, since I told the other person what I thought, she hasn't replied to any of my pms. I think this says what sort of person she is. :laugh:

interesting reading ... we always feed the dogs when we are eating so we dont get mithered as well as after dinner they go out in the garden and then come back in and fall asleep..

Not heard the one about going through the door but in our house i have no intention of scarpering down the stairs at 100 miles per hour to beat my collies to the door.. if they want to get their first, they are welcome to do so.. lol