UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Attack

billydog

Sorry this is long!!

Last night I walked my boys with my friend and her dog in a pretty busy dog walking area. Friends dog was attacked (not a word I used lightly) by a DDB. Managed to get her off him and lad put her on lead. Friends dog injured - fortunately not badly. DDB puller her (young male so fairly strong) owner over trying to get at our dogs. Managed to get him to give his phone number incase of vets bills.

This dog has also attacked and badly injured a small dog that we know of.

What now? Who do we report to? Again not something I'd do lightly but obviously not isolated incident.

Also, friends dog is a real 'victim' dog, he's always the one who gets attacked - I think about 4 or 5 times now he's been injured by other dogs. He was becoming 'fear snappy' (not truly fear aggressive) and was so much better than another dog goes for him. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks - sorry it's long!

I think your friend should report it to your local dog warden. I know it feels awful having to report a dog but at the very least the DDB's owner needs to be made to keep his dog under control before it kills another dog.

Hope your friend's dog is not too badly affected by the attack.

She needs to report this dog, she will only be told to keep her dog under control at the moment but if she doesn't that is her fault not your friends.

Joe used to often be attacked by other dogs which has caused me a lot of problems because of his fear of strange dogs, he now goes into panic attacks and later in the day have a seizure so I don't hesitate now to report the owners. Joe lives with other dogs and does know how to communicate with them, he also will tell the youngsters off if they step out of line so it isn't a communcation problem why other dogs attack him.

report to dog warden requesting that they seek initially a voluntary control order from the owner, if they refuse one can be sought by the council via the civil court under the 1871 dogs act :flowers:

it is better to go down this route now than for more damage to be done and someone get bitten as causing an injury or causing fear of injury to a person is a far more serious matter for both owner and dog not to mention the health of the next dog that is attacked