UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Ever Used One Of These?

Kathyw

http://gadgetsangizmos.co.uk/onlineshop/prod_124952-Mobile-Phone-Signal-Blocker.html

I am feeling very poorly (awwwww) and after walking the dogsm I went to bed only to be awakened by some loudmouth in the street shouting down his phone.

This happened after a walk up Primrose Hill where everyother person with a dog was on the pphone oblivious to what their dog/dogs were up to.

I would love to be able to cut them off so that they turn around and make sure their dog is in their sight and maybe actually interact with their dog on it's walk.

And to have been able to shut the loudmouth up and go back to sleep would have been wonderful.

Have any of you one of these gadgets and do they work?

Thank you

http://gadgetsangizm...al-Blocker.html

I am feeling very poorly (awwwww) and after walking the dogsm I went to bed only to be awakened by some loudmouth in the street shouting down his phone.

This happened after a walk up Primrose Hill where everyother person with a dog was on the pphone oblivious to what their dog/dogs were up to.

I would love to be able to cut them off so that they turn around and make sure their dog is in their sight and maybe actually interact with their dog on it's walk.

And to have been able to shut the loudmouth up and go back to sleep would have been wonderful.

Have any of you one of these gadgets and do they work?

Thank you

I was having a ponder and thought how wonderful it would have been to have had an outside toilet and a pot under the bed - I would have flung it and it's contents all over the loudmouth d*ckhead.

They are on the same low frequency as cell phones and do not interfere with pacemakers.

Crudely made ones (maybe home made) could interfere with pacemakers and there are supposedly a few of those out there.

They are legal to own in the uk but illegal to use.

It is also illegal and far more life threatening to use mobiile phones while driving - we have yet to go out in the car without seeing at least two/three drivers using phones while driving - sometimes lorry drivers turning corners with one hand on the wheel the other holding the phone.

As a friend who works in a transplant centre said 'all there patients have pagers and that is how contact would be made should a donor become available'.

As for 999 calls I am talking of a jammer that only works within a 20' radius - I would certainly be aware of anyone needing police/fire/ambulance that close to them.

Perhaps it is different outside of London I don't know but you cannot walk in any of the parks withoutevery other person using a phone - loudly. When it is someone walking dogs I get very annoyed - they do not notice the dog having a poo - they do not notice what the dog is and as an example two nights ago a man on a mobile did not notice his dog had decided to go in the opposite direction and follow two other dogs who were on leads.

He never turned around and was oblivious to the fact that his dog was almost out od the park. I called out to him - he turned and couldn't see the dog but stayed on the phone! Eventually he panicked and started to run towards the gates and lucky for him the people with the other dogs stood and waited and he got his dog.

Had those people been on the phone and unaware - they would have continued on their way home and the loose dog would have followed them - possibly across a few roads.

If I was to go outside my front door I know that there will be a few people passing and a couple at the bus stop - guarantee at least half of them will be on the phone and talking loud enough for me to hear some of their conversation. ie 'I am having chinese tonight - what are you having' really important stuff.

So you want the right to decide who can and cannot have a phone conversation within your earshot and judge its validity. I'm sure that you will be equally understanding if someone zaps your 'annoying behaviour' wink.gif

Nowhere did I say I want to decide who has the right to do anything and it's arrogant to assume you know what I would like.

Mobile phones should be used for calls that are urgent - not for chatting because you have sod all else to do or because you are bored while on a journey,walking your dog/dogs/pushing your child across the road in a pram yet 75% of all mobile calls are for those reasons.

You have completely missed everything else I said. The fact that people are killed on the roads because of mobile phone calls seems unimportant to you - or am I being arrogant in assuming what you think?

but sometimes kathy people arent using their phones for the reasons you give above. I hate mobile phones and many will tell you that my mobile was the least mobile phone in the world until the last couple of years preferring to spend its time plugged into its charger at home, but theres many a time recently when ive been walking the dogs, or shopping at asda when i have taken calls from distraught owners whose dogs have been seized, which is unlikely to be known by the person blocking me.

id hate for them to be unable to reach me because someone blocked my phone.

i agree totally that people are killed on the roads due to irresponsible use of phones but they could just as easily be killed because someone is re dialling or fiddling because of a lost signal, or because they are tuning their radio changing a cd or just being careless, and the person walking their dog could just as easily walk in front of a bus wearing an ipod.

unfortunately we cannot save a world that doesnt want to be saved.

They are on the same low frequency as cell phones and do not interfere with pacemakers.

Crudely made ones (maybe home made) could interfere with pacemakers and there are supposedly a few of those out there.

How do you define 'low' frequencies? Professional or homebrew designs will still have to work on the same four bands as the phone base stations operate on. The only likely difference will be the level of harmonics and other spurs a cheap one might put out. As all four bands are near or above 1GHz I can't see the differences would make a lot of difference to a pacemaker. Yes, they are illegal to operate in the UK (and quite possibly install which means if it's plugged in and not on or has a battery fitted) and Ofcom were taking a very dim view of them the last I heard.

Bare in mind any range estimates will be under ideal conditions and at those frequencies there will be a lot of body absorbtion taking place if you have it in a pocket. Some localised skin warming too, dont forget these things are operating just below the same frequency as a microwave oven (which is little more than a 700W 2.45GHz transmitter). Assuming a typical range of 20ft and the target is walking towards you I doubt they'd be in the RF black hole for more than a second or two, most calls would survive that kind of drop out considering the mobile would still be talking perfectly well to the base throughout.

Technicalities apart I think it's bloody arrogant of someone to decide what I or anyone else should be using a mobile phone for!

Paul, I don't understand a word of all the technicalities you've just posted, but I think the last sentence of your post is just spot on! :flowers:

I hate it when dog owners are on the phone while their dog(s) is/are running riot and interfering with mine, but they most likely would anyway, phone or no phone, because the owner is not responsible enough. As has been said before, they might well be listening to their iPod or summat, bottom line is that they do not have their attention where it should be. But that, to me, is a whole separate issue - they probably behave the same while driving or what have ya.

There have been times when I really needed to speak to someone while walking my dogs, or that someone contacted me with an emergency while I was out. I would NOT have appreciated someone interfering with those phone calls because they saw fit to do so. I might have sandwiched their little device between my foot and the ground and applied pressure until it gave way ... :angry: :rolleyes: