UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Carpal Tunnel

Jazz

I have had it done and would say to anyone..GO AND HAVE THE OP. It is done under local and you will need at least 4 weeks off work. My hand was very swollen afterwards but I learned to do everything using my left hand while the right was healing. I no longer have any problems what so ever and the scar is not visible at all.

Go for it girlfriend :flowers:

OH had it done under local - then reacted to the anaesthetic and had to stay in overnight anyway :rolleyes: . I don't think he was off work for more than a week as he did heal very well - but it worked which is great as he's a programmer who needs his hands to do his job. His was done about 11 years ago now and he hasn't had any problems since.

Good luck.

Ive got permanent pins and needles in my fingers, I cant cut up food using my hand, got no strength in it. Its been on and off, but its not going away now. I need to have the car adapted as its my left hand.

back to the doctors .....

thank you :flowers:

Ive got permanent pins and needles in my fingers, I cant cut up food using my hand, got no strength in it. Its been on and off, but its not going away now. I need to have the car adapted as its my left hand.

back to the doctors .....

thank you :flowers:

Oh no :GroupHug: It's not catching is it? I've had it for a while now - spend a lot of time shaking my hand to try to relieve the tingles. I also get a feeling like my hands been dipped in v hot water, it happens during the night. It seems to help if I hang my hand over the edge of the bed - seems to take the pressure off.

I've been putting off having anything done cos I didn't realise it was done with a local. I don't do well with a general. :unsure:

No wonder you keep on dropping your dinner!! :GroupHug: :GroupHug: