UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Dishwasher Is Dead

Amanda Jvv

We have a slimline cookworks dishwasher. 18months old. But it has now got very confused and wont work.

Within a wash it has 4 cycles. It makes it so far as to take cold water in and drop the tablet. But then it cuts out by cycle 2. We have tried to reset it, looked to see if anything is lose, changed it over to hot water inlet but no change. Now when we switch it on it swears at us with all lights flashing but it does drain the water.

Hubby think its might be the heating element but because cookworks dishwashers are no longer made we cant find the part either.

Any advice? Should I just come to terms that I will have to hand over £200 to get a new one? I have suggested letting the dogs clean the plates :laugh:

Any wise fugees with dishwasher fixing powers for advice?

No ideas / practical skills I'm afraid but at 18 months I would have thought a local engineer would give you an estimate to repair it - possibly f.o.c?.

You never know if it's a manufacturing fault you might even still have some come back against it's manufacturer

What error message is it giving?

We had similar with our slimline Indesit and researched tbis last week. If you google the error message, ours was E3 and the model number you will loads of websites that tell you what the error message is and if there is any fix that you can do yourself.

Andrea x

Thanks for the replies. The manufacturers have apparently gone under on the dishwasher side. We originally bought it from Argos, called with receipt and was told they cant help because of this. Other times they have directed us to the manufacturer.

We dont have a screen on our dishwasher so no idea where to look on error messages! I did google for cookworks, faults serial number etc..no luck.

How sad that I rely on my dishwasher. I dont think I'd ever cook if I didn't have the dishwasher! :mecry: :laugh:

If you do have to repair---white goods on the whole only differ from one another in small ways , its a bit like the badge engineering that british leyland used to practice, on some of the economy ones only the name and the shape of the knobs differed between models. Ok so if you have a Worthit one you need to do some tracking.

the very nice people here My link are the one syou need to tals to ( after looking through the website) its also very useful for dealing with youfs in suits who tell porkies like " well we cant get the parts anymore "

If you do have to repair---white goods on the whole only differ from one another in small ways , its a bit like the badge engineering that british leyland used to practice, on some of the economy ones only the name and the shape of the knobs differed between models. Ok so if you have a Worthit one you need to do some tracking.

the very nice people here My link are the one syou need to tals to ( after looking through the website) its also very useful for dealing with youfs in suits who tell porkies like " well we cant get the parts anymore "

Thanks!

I can only reiterate what has been posted about Consumer Direct, our fridge was a similar age and six months out of warranty when it lost its coolant. The retailer tried to fob us off to the manufacturer but C.D. advised us on our legal rights including the fact the fridge should last a reasonable time even once the warranty was over. A polite but firm letter to the retailer including mention that I'd taken 'legal' advise seemed to focus them and they arranged for the manufacturer to re-gas the fridge.