UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Had A Lovely Long Weekend

BillyMalc

We've just had a lovely long weekend, which started on Thursday! Long story short, the training that was planned at work was cancelled, so I was allowed to take time off after all. After a bit of internet searching I quickly booked us in for one night at Netherwood camp iste, just outside Chester. I honestly cannot recommend this site highly enough: it's only tiny, 26 pitches, very well maintained, lovely, helpful lady who owns it and no children allowed! It's only got basic facilities, but for me that means that I'm not paying for a load of facilities that I don't need anyway - and it's cheap as chips! :)

First goal of this little camping adventure was trying to put our new awning up. It took forever and it's HUGE! :ohmy:

Netherwoods1011092009001.jpg

The Shropshire Union Canal runs right behind the campsite (Chester is a 3 mile walk to the left, to the right you can spend days walking along the canal :)), so we went exploring:

Netherwoods1011092009008.jpg

It's not spectacular, but pretty enough :)

Netherwoods1011092009010.jpg

We found a large field with high grass:

Sparks having a rest and pulling a funny face :wub:

Netherwoods1011092009018.jpg

Play time!

Netherwoods1011092009019.jpg

Netherwoods1011092009022.jpg

pfeeww! "Bonnie &Clyde needed a little rest :wub:

Netherwoods1011092009028.jpg

Netherwoods1011092009031.jpg

Netherwoods1011092009030.jpg

Half of the site was a field, separated by trees, where dogs were allowed off lead. Didn't really dare though, as it wasn't enclosed and there appeared to be a rather large local rabbit population! It was nice for the guys to be able to lie under a tree in the shade though, after we came back from out walk (even though Sparky and Kiera in this picture obviously preferred to work on their tan! :cool:

"Dinner almost ready?"

Netherwoods1011092009042.jpg

On Friday morning we woke up to thick fog, that at first didn't appear to want to shift. We set off on a walk anyway, and just kept walking, as you do, from one bridge to the next. Almost halfway through the walk the sun suddenly came out though, and within 10 minutes we had walked into midsummer! :cool: We did a good 4 hours, after which I had to pack up and take us back home. Our pitch wasn't booked for that night, so the lady was happy for us to spend the day there and pack up whenever it suited us - how cool is that! :biggrin:

Unfortunately we couldn't stay for longer, because Kiera and I had our first big (KC) show this weekend. We did Agility & Jumping, graded 1-3, 6 classes over the Saturday and Sunday, and Kiera was absolutely brilliant!! :wub: :wub: I was less brilliant in guiding her, so no clear runs or rosettes this time (although I do have to admit that winning a first at your very first show just makes you ridiculously spoilt and does rather set you up for a fall :rolleyes:), but we sure learned a lot! Only one photo of this show, because I couldn't find anyone to take any for me while we were running:

Wiganshow13092009002.jpg

Kiera is so unfazed by whatever is going on around her, it's just amazing - except for one heart stopping moment when she stopped and turned around and I really though she was going to leave the ring to enquire what treat a dog outside the ring was having! :ohmy: :rolleyes: She came back though, bless her, and finished off nicely. I'm SOOOO proud of my little girl!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Unfortunately we couldn't stay for longer, because Kiera and I had our first big (KC) show this weekend. We did Agility & Jumping, graded 1-3, 6 classes over the Saturday and Sunday, and Kiera was absolutely brilliant!! :wub: :wub: I was less brilliant in guiding her, so no clear runs or rosettes this time (although I do have to admit that winning a first at your very first show just makes you ridiculously spoilt and does rather set you up for a fall :rolleyes:), but we sure learned a lot! Only one photo of this show, because I couldn't find anyone to take any for me while we were running:

Wiganshow13092009002.jpg

Kiera is so unfazed by whatever is going on around her, it's just amazing - except for one heart stopping moment when she stopped and turned around and I really though she was going to leave the ring to enquire what treat a dog outside the ring was having! :ohmy: :rolleyes: She came back though, bless her, and finished off nicely. I'm SOOOO proud of my little girl!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Fantastic, well done both of you! :biggrin: