UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Does Anyone Know Why I Can Buy

Kathyw

Or even what they are really called.

I have just removed the carpeting form the stairs with the idea of painting them (non-slip paint) but dogs refuse to use stairs.

So thought about getting those sort of stair carpet pads things. They just sit on each stair - well they are stuck on.

I know they are on ebay but I would like to go to a proper shop and have a lookie.

Thank you.

We got some from Lidl last month.

We have a wooden staircase which is quite steep and our older dog was struggling to get a grip on the treads.

They are stuck on with double sided tape but quite secure, much to our surprise.

This company will send a sample.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/14-Open-plan-stair-carpet-treads-pads-20cmx50cm-Beiges_W0QQitemZ320406092796QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090731?IMSfp=TL090731166003r19450

Thank you very much.

We have sort of decided to go with the stairs pads - and will go looking tomorrow as I like dogs to sleep with us.

Elsa is scared and I am scared of her slipping and CB just refuses to go upstairs. BillyBoy is oblivious to any changes.

I have painted wooden stairs and I got stuff from Ikea, it comes on a roll and is a black non slip tape specificily for stairs, it's been down for about six years, works brilliantly at stopping dogs slipping, is cheap, and doesn't come off, I think it's called Paktrul or something like that.

Thank you Celeste and Merely.

CB went upstairs last night but my Elsa refused and spent the night downstairs.

We are going to have a look round later today but I think that Elsa will only use the stairs if they are carpeted so we are now thinking of a runner as I do not want the stairs completely covered.

Elsa has HD and so her back legs are weak and I couldn't take any chances with her.

Best idea is move to a bungalow - no stairs - Elsa sleeps with me.

Thank you.