UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Walking Places Northampton

purple_mog

Am going down to Northampton tonight for a Rally-O workshop tomorrow and we're staying in a Travel Lodge off Upton Way near the motorway. Plenty of time in the morning so want to take the dogs for a nice walk before we start 'work'. Could anyone suggest anywhere nice?

Workshop is at Moulton College if that helps :)

Am going down to Northampton tonight for a Rally-O workshop tomorrow and we're staying in a Travel Lodge off Upton Way near the motorway. Plenty of time in the morning so want to take the dogs for a nice walk before we start 'work'. Could anyone suggest anywhere nice?

Workshop is at Moulton College if that helps :)

Try PM'ing Claz or Chickentikka. They both live that way. :flowers:

Sorry missed this earlier - well I was at work :unsure: and I suppose you're not home now. Harlestone Firs is really easy to find - head out of town on the A428 (northwards)and when you get to the garden centre on your left stop and park up. The woods are opposite. Salcey forest is another good place.

Edited by chickentikka

Harlestone Firs is 11 mins by car from the Travel Lodge (post code is NN5 6UJ if you want to find route)

On the other side of Upton Way, not far from the football stadium, almost directly opposite the Travel Lodge are Storton's Gravel pits that have been turned into a nature reserve. (less than 5 mins walking)

Right from Travel Lodge on Upton Way past new housing development Upton 1 are the River Nene and the Grand Union Canal both with walks along side. (just over 5 mins walking from the Travel Lodge)

You are only a stone's throw away from Clazuk whose house is close to the lift tower (the Northampton lighthouse)

Did I hear Rally-O mentionend? Is it getting started over here now? I really need "my" club to take it up, it looks so fab! :biggrin:

Yup! There's been a couple of small workshops, the bigger one I was at and the UK Rally rules and signs are on the APDT website for downloading. There were a few people being tutored in judging too, so I think you just need to bug your club! We're definitely going to be teaching it up in York :wink: