UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Doable Wish List

Jazz

Im sure there are things that we would all like to be able to do, that other people do every day. So is it possible for some people to help others achieve their wish?

Id love to be able to milk a cow and a goat, and learn to ride a horse enough to be able to go over jumps.

What would you like to be able to do?

Make a willow basket and a dry stain dyke :)

What IS a dry stain dyke?

I've made the odd willow basket, it's not that hard. These guys sell steamed willow online if you can't get it where you are: http://www.englishwillowbaskets.co.uk/

Mostly if I have time for that sort of thing now I use hazel, as my s*dding hedges grow at such terrifying speed any way of using the stuff is a plus! I made a hazel pergola once, it was rather pretty though it only lasted a couple of years.

What IS a dry stain dyke?

I've made the odd willow basket, it's not that hard. These guys sell steamed willow online if you can't get it where you are: http://www.englishwillowbaskets.co.uk/

Mostly if I have time for that sort of thing now I use hazel, as my s*dding hedges grow at such terrifying speed any way of using the stuff is a plus! I made a hazel pergola once, it was rather pretty though it only lasted a couple of years.

Thanks for the link :flowers:

I grow willow in the garden and make plant supports but thats as far as I've gotten, and there don't seem to be willow classes in my part of the world.

Dry Stain Dyke = Dry stone wall :)

My family love my singing, they quite often beg me to give them a tune :biggrin:

Oh yes we do :biglaugh: , her rendition of I'm nobody's child on the karaoke machine years ago had to be heard to be believed, even when thrown out of the room she held tightly on to the microphone so we could still hear her singing at the top of her voice. We did have a recording of it but one of my sons thought it was to cruel to inflict on others and he disposed of it.

Terri

I bought a guitar for left handed people today and a teach yourself book (for left handed people). I only went into the music shop to see how much it would cost to convert my sons right handed guitar, and came out with a new one (they had a sale on). I have always wanted to play a musical instrument :flowers: