UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Huge Crack!

billydog

Thought that would get your attention!! cool.gif

I need some advice on a serious thing. Was just sat here browsing RMF and all of a sudden there was a huge 'crack' . It made me jump about 2 foot in the air, and even got the dogs off their beds! Sounded like an electrical crack (or an apperating house elf!), so I'm thinking might be electrics but all appliances and lights are fine and weren't disturbed. So question is how worried should I be? worried_anim.gif or ohno01.gif Ta!

Erm....

you sure it was electrical? no cracks down the walls or anything, or maybe a tree branch falling off...

No, not sure at all! Just what it sounded like! Branch is a possibility but I think it was too sharp a crack to be that... More like a firecracker (which is possible but unlikely in my area). Also seemed to be inside the house.

No sign of fire or any more problems so might go to bed and investigate further in the morning.

Terrified the sweet **** out of me!

when you go to bed, turn everything off at the socket that can be turned off. Have you checked every light in the place... its amazing how loud a light bulb falling out and breaking can sound. for a little bit of glass they dont have go with a pop. Check the garden or where ever your dogs go out for bedtime wee, just incase someone has lobbed glass in, and if that is safe, toilet the dogs, switch off and get some sleep. Night time is not a good time to be looking for cracks, or anything else.

Thanks Di. That's pretty much what I did.

No sign of anything weird this morning - all bulbs present and correct , nothing in the garden...

Really wierd!

House hasn't burnt down or collapsed in any other way so might have to just put it down to weird and wonderful house things!

we had a similar thing a few months ago and it was a loose wire behind the light switch, i kept hearing a low sort of fizzing sound and the odd crak then the kitchen lights would flicker everynow and then, of course this only happened to me until i made my mum stick her head by the light switch, hope you get to the bottom of it :)