UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nadder Valley Dog Show Total Raised (Ish) - Lots Of Photos Added

tegk68

HUGE, HUGE thank you for coming today, particulalry as the weather was not that brilliant!

Just wanted to let you know that we did a quick count up and we have raised £1500 plus for the Oldies Dogs and Dogs Trust, which is up on last yearbiggrin.gif. So that means at least £750 to the Oldies Clubflowers.gif

A certain person who posts on here and their lovely staffy took Best in Show today (Sandi and Cassiewink.gif ). So well done to them.

Was lovely to see the recently rehomed Oldies Club Mattie and her new Mum and Dad who just adore herwub.gif and lovely that she came won a rosette in Best rescuebiggrin.gif

Thanks again for coming Oldies Club and of course Ange, Rob and Minne Moo.

Hx

Edited by ReikiAnge
Title amended

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helen that's fantastic, thank you and Tom and your friends so much for today, it was a really lovely show and a brilliant amount raised :flowers: :flowers: It was fab to see so many dogs of all sorts of breeds and crosses. It must have taken so much work to organise, everything ran so smoothly and Tom was great in his role.

I will sort through my photos soon and post some (lots!) but just wanted to share this one of Mattie and her dad after she came 2nd in Best Rescue - I think they were both rather pleased :wub: :wub:

ACNadderValleyDogShow2009143ii30.jpg

(you can see a certain Fugee lurking in the background after taking Best Rescue :wink: ).

And bless the BBQ people who found us two veggie burgers after they thought they'd run out and came over to tell us :biggrin: And big thanks to Fee's hubby for helping us restrain our gazebo :biggrin:

Ange, Rob and M-M (who had a traumatic experience when the gazebo flew away and decided not to be her usual sociable self, bless her).

Well done everyone involved in organising this! I love the photo of Mattie, Ange - it brings a tear to the eye when you think how much the little girl has suffered for most of her life. That smile on her face is just the best. :mecry: :wub:

It was an absolute brilliant day again this year.

Well done on the money raised that is a fantastic amount and so well deserved.

As before the event was well organised and loads of fun.

One of the highlights of our day was meeting Mattie and her new owners - they are so proud and loving and Mattie in the flesh is even more adorable than her photos, so sweet and gentle and so loving absolutely brilliant.

Not quite sure how Kassi woodle managed Best in Show, but we are so proud of our little Staffie who slept all the way home, all night and again this morning. I think we can safely say she enjoyed every minute of it.

Thanks to everyone who made it such a special day - can't wait for next year!

Oh Ange that photo!mecry.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif

I was absolutely thrilled at kassi's Best in Show. The Best Child Handler won with an EBT so the bull terriers had a very good day. Amazing really for such a rural area where the favoured dogs are labs and springers and the like, and is what the Judges at our show are most likely to see on a day to day basis. Whilst every dog there was worthy of a prize and I certainly couldn't of picked the winners, I thought it was rather nice to see such good PR for the bullieswink.gif

Glad staffiezone had a good day and am like WOW at the good amount raised at the Oldies Club stall - that is brilliant. Was really annoyed to have 6 confirmed stalls not show up and all but one not tell me in the morning! Would've rearranged the whole layout if I'd known. Next year I think I'll do 'first come, first served' kind of thing. It's all a bit of a learning curve tbh.

Goodness I'm rambling now, apologies lol.

Was so lovely to raise some cash for one of my very favourite charities. Will give you a proper total in a day or two and the money to you ASAP.

Hx

Kassi was a very well deserved best in show :wub:

Sorry to hear people just didn't show up Helen :( It was still a cracking show - what date have you booked for next year then? :biggrin: :laugh:

The Best Child Handler won with an EBT so the bull terriers had a very good day. Amazing really for such a rural area where the favoured dogs are labs and springers and the like, and is what the Judges at our show are most likely to see on a day to day basis. Whilst every dog there was worthy of a prize and I certainly couldn't of picked the winners, I thought it was rather nice to see such good PR for the bullieswink.gif

That EBT was Daisy I think wasn't it? I took a photo of her at my stall last year when she was an ickle - and totally gorgeous - puppy and the family came over to say hello yesterday. She'd grown rather :wub:

Hope to get some more photos up later. I have quite a few.