UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Trish'S Tiny Trudge, Update - The Route - Saturday 22 August 2009

trishandben

Thought I'd start a new topic as it has been a while since I've been able to give you an update. I have now pre-walked it, so I now have a rough idea of times we shall reach certain places. I have worked hard on this, so please come and join us for any part of the route. Sadly, due to a knee injury Kazz has had to pull out of joining us. sad.gif But Elaine and myself will be doing the whole 30 miles!!!!wacko.gif I shall be carrying a collection tin, for Oldies Club,en-route, but please can all other donations go directly to Oldies Club. Much appreciated. wub.gif

Route details:-

8am (leaving no later!)- Watchouse Road, Pill, Avonmouth (free parking)

10.15- Gas Ferry Road, SS Great Britain Maritime Heritage Museum, (up to 4hrs parking), breakfast at Brunels Buttery, on Floating Harbour

10.45- Castle Park, Bristol

11.00- Temple Meads Station

12.15- Conham River park, (Lunch??)

1.30- Hanham Lock, 2 riverside pubs, (who's gonna buy us a drink? tongue.gif )

2.30- Keynsham Lock, (BMX track car park, free, just 2 mins walk from here on A4175)

3.45- End of old railway track, Bird in Hand pub (thirsty work this, do we have time to stop??)

4.00- Riverside pub, Saltford (how can you refuse?)

5.15- Bath Spa Station car park

5.30- The Pump Shed, Widecombe Locks, Bath, just as you exit River Avon and join Kennet & Avon Canal.

6.30- Riverside seating by Bathampton Primary school, or, oh look, another pub!

8.00- Dundas Aquaduct, visitors car park. No dawdling on this walk as this carpark closes at 9pm sharp!!!

Any more details you need, please ask and I'll do my best to answer!!! Looking forward to meeting you all. Many thanx 4 your support and donations. cool.gif

Edited by ReikiAnge
Title amended

Sorry Trish, can you tell us the date again and can the mods add it to the title?

I hope to come and join you for at least part of the walk (I couldnt do the whole 30 mile) :wacko:

Hope you manage to get plenty of sponsorship along the way. :flowers:

Andrea x

Sorry Trish, can you tell us the date again and can the mods add it to the title?

I hope to come and join you for at least part of the walk (I couldnt do the whole 30 mile) wacko.gif

Hope you manage to get plenty of sponsorship along the way. flowers.gif

Andrea x

Yes it is Sat 22nd Aug. If that can be added to the title, ta. rolleyes.gif

Would be great if you can make it, I realise it is along way for you.flowers.gif

Looking forward to it.

I am just so sorry I have been told by the physio I can't do it. sad01_anim.gif That will teach me not to have my knee sorted when I fell on it. rolleyes.gif

I hope you raise lots of dosh flowers.gif

Kazz xx

You make sure you do rest it!!flowers.gif

Is your friend still interested, maybe she can get a lift down with Safneo?

Sorry about your knee Kazz sad.gif Hope it's better soon.

You have my total admiration Trish - the fact that you have "pre-walked" the 30 mile totally puts me to shame rolleyes.gif

I'm too far away to come and join you, but a big thanks for doing this for Oldies Club flowers.gif

Sorry about your knee Kazz sad.gif Hope it's better soon.

You have my total admiration Trish - the fact that you have "pre-walked" the 30 mile totally puts me to shame rolleyes.gif

I'm too far away to come and join you, but a big thanks for doing this for Oldies Club flowers.gif

I must add that I have pre-walked it, but it was split into 4. rolleyes.gif The most I walked in one of those was 18 miles as I had to do return route back to the car! But am looking forward to the 30 miles, just hope I've left enough time to pop in the pubs en route!!!tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Trish!! I know its no where near as long as before with your massive trudge, but 30 miles still sounds a bit scary to me!!

I wish I could meet you in bath for some of that walk, but with Tessie really not well I am taking each day as it comes, so I have no idea what saturday will bring.

Best of luck and I hope the weather is good for you flowers.gif

xx

I wish I could meet you in bath for some of that walk, but with Tessie really not well I am taking each day as it comes, so I have no idea what saturday will bring.

Gentle hugs for Tessie. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif If you can meet us for a drink it would be lovely to see you again, but I agree Tessie comes first. If we don't meet must catch up some other time, would love to see your dogs again.

Not long to go now, are my legs ready for this???? I hope the weather is atleast dry!!! cool.gif