UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Caffery Taugh Flissy New Tricks Outwitted By Choker Chain!

Cafferysmum

Its been just over 4 weeks since Caffery left to the bridge :mecry: and before he went, he taught Flissy the 9 month old pup, tricks of been a pup and how to get away with it...

This morning we came down stairs, omg it was like a scene out of Trebus home, they had a party.. was an understatement... The bin had been tipped up and all contents over the kitchen and front room floor... They had somehow dragged down two boxes of dog biscuits and had a biscuit party... the cats had joined in and knocked a pan of food off the stove, to be polished off by said puppy...

The water bowl was empty downstairs as it was all over the kitchen floor.. and said puppy had decided to chew and lift up some kitchen tiles.. so this morning it was all cleaned up and we went and bought more tiles and refitted them... Caffery would have been so proud of his student!! little bugger!!

Right this is the next problem we have but we think we have outwitted Fliss this time.. :wink: I do spend a lot of money on dog collars and leads and I hate not to have them matching etc... and some of the dogs collars and leads cost £25 for a set.. now... she does not do this to Badger, Pudsey, Millie or Lottie, BUT they all have nice collars on them and tags which they wear all the time... but for some reason, soon as Maddoch or Fern (flissys mum) has a collar on, she goes up to them and within a couple of mins bites them off... This is driving me absoloutely nuts... In the last couple of weeks she has managed to ruin about £100 of collars... so I go out and replace them and swap their tags over and new collars go on only to be chewed off...

The last straw was I bought a new set of sighthound collars for Maddoch and was red with lovely gold elephants on, I put it on him to show hubby how lovely it was, turned my back for two secs and its bitten off :rolleyes: So today we think we have found a soloution...

Went to shop and bought two choke chains... and transferred their id tags over to them.. soon as I put them on, turns round and theirs Flissy trying to bite them off lol, YAY WE WON ROUND 50... so we have hung their nice collars up, so when they go out for a walk they can wear their normal collars with their nice leads... the Choke chains are just used so we can have their id on, we dont use them for anything else like walking etc etc as personally i hate the metal ones, but its the only way we can have them with their id tags on at all times...

Well we are doing really well, they have last 4 hours so far.. and am hoping she will grow out of this and we can just put their normal collars back on.. Ironically after all this Flissy loves her lilac jewelled collar and is in mint condition but we havent a clue why on earth she targets the other two dogs and loves to munch their collars..

Has anyone heard of this before, she never tries to get her own collar of or messes with it...

Flissy goes in for neutering on monday bless her... so we will have a quiteish day, so we are taking all the others out to the beach in their normal collars and leads and are sure they will all come back unbitten and chewed rofl...

Still love her to bits little devil :wacko: oh the joys of having a puppy!

Any ideas on this, i have never come across this before

No idea why they do this but I have a similar problem with Roo, he chews Sophie's collar and although he doesn't damage the collar he always manages to remove her ID tag by forcing his big teeth through the little ring that attatches the disc to the bigger ring and it then falls off. He never touches Tia's collar or tag :rolleyes:

Di xx

Sally Hansen anti nailbite stuff is apparently very yukky - it stopped the back of my car being chewed..... so might be just as effective if you put it on the back of the collars for a certain young lady to get a taste of. (mind you , try cheapy collars with it on first!!!)

I would not leave choke chains on them unattended incase they get caught and strangle them.

I was going to say the same, would also worry about another dog's teeth getting caught in the chain if they're left alone wearing them (and I'm not sure that they are :flowers: )

mmmmm never thought of the choke chains catching, the dogs are never alone where we go they go but you never know what they can or do get up to so will look at spraying nasty stuff on some cheap collars and see if that stops her, failing that i have just seen those collars you put a link on and will look at them.. wonder why she does it tho...as i said the elder 4 she never touches lol.. prob cos the other two are her partners in crime and are youngsters and are tolerant of her.

Thanks for all your help fugeessssss..

By the way Flissy been in for snip today, shes home very tired, and wakes up sniffs her bone to make sure its hers and is still their and falls fast asleep... been so quite today without the little monster...