UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flea Treatment

murtle

Hello

I was wondering what the difference between the Frontline and the Frontline Combo - nothing on the descriptions jumps out to say to me what is different.

One needs a prescription and the other doesn't, my Vet gives me the combo.

Thanks

You can get details of veterinary medicines here

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Compendium...ets/-23637.html

Frontline Combo inhibits flea eggs developing

Uses

To be used against infestations with fleas, ticks and/or biting lice.

- Elimination of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) and insecticidal efficacy against new infestations with adult fleas persists for 8 weeks.

- Prevention of the multiplication of fleas by inhibiting the development of eggs (ovicidal activity) and larvae and pupae (larvicidal activity) originating from eggs laid by adult fleas for 8 weeks after application.

- Elimination of ticks (Ixodes ricinus, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus). The product has persistent acaricidal efficacy for up to 4 weeks against ticks.

- Elimination of biting lice (Trichodectes canis).

The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).

Frontline Spot on

Uses

The treatment and prevention of infestations by fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) and ticks (Rhipicephalus spp., Dermacentor spp. and Ixodes spp.) and as part of a treatment strategy for Flea Allergy Dermatitis, where this has been previously diagnosed by a veterinary surgeon. The product controls infestations with Trichodectes canis biting lice on dogs. FRONTLINE Spot On Dog can be used in puppies from 8 weeks of age and weighing over 2kg.