UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Recommend Your Patio Disinfectant

Rileyroo

Can anyone recommend a disinfectant that's animal safe, plant safe and will be suitable to use to wash down our patio?

Recommendations for a hose spray attachment or a sprayer to distribute said disinfectant would also be appreciated.

Kevin is definitely a dog who prefers the feel of stone under his paws while doing his business and the rigmarole of disinfecting and keeping the cats and dogs off the area afterwards is getting to all of us! There must be a safe one out there.

:flowers:

A lot of people on here buy something called Minstrel (sp?) off ebay. I use Safe4 but then I use that in the kennels so just shove a bit in the bucket and swill it. For your own personal use you wouldnt need something that strong and effective at killing everything

I have to admit pinching some of the bulk disinfectant I use for our Swine flu service, basically cos its already in the knapsack sprayer. In fact its just a awatered down version of the discleaner that is recommended for body fluid disposal and corpse reside and it only £1.22 a bottle/ ( firstaid for less.co.uk) I am out of stock at the mo else I would organise a sample. I have never had concern about keeping animals off., but will ask for details. They also have a good range of spill products that I would recommend to transporters.

Only use a hand/bottle on a yard, the bigger sprayers are wasteful and make too much mist if they didnt get blocked ( they will if used for amything else )

Think about getting your doggie area pressure washed and possibly resealed depending on the materials you will be surprised in the change of colour and if resealing it will need less daily cleaning. (http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php?page=patio_drive_products) The products have mild antiseptic and anti weed control anyway.

I have used Jeyes fluid for years and always understood the tar uptake to be minimal but a lot of people do not like the smell. Jeyes do a special cleaner just for patios ( nonionioc surfacants )that basically cleam of the mildew and moulds , but this then let the UV light get at the germs and such, and the washing removes organic matter!

It states that pets and children can use straight away.

Because we are in am offical " we cant cope with swine flu area" and live in an area where there is very little pride or concern with the way streets are treated..... * half defrosted chicken yesterday on park bench and whole potatoea in the rosebed, plus a recent fataility due to junki keeping his stash in big metal box he fouind ( rat poison container) many dog owners here was paws upon return to house. The anti weed control used by the council is really bad for animals.

Teddy T gets his paws washed anyway now because of grass seeds making him itch.

Thanks, everyone. I will check out the recommendations.

I'm also wondering if I can use the same stuff to wipe down Kevin's front legs after he's eaten his meaty bones - he looks like the victim of a car crash with bits of raw meat and blood all over himself. I think he's saving a snack for later - sadly for him it gets washed off before he has a chance to savour it. :rolleyes:

Mistral here too, I love the eucalyptus smell.

can you buy the minstral in the shops? the delivery is nearly as much as the product

Why not see whether you can share it with someone? There is four of us at my dog training club that share, so postage is not such a big issue then. We buy four bottles at the time.

Vera