UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy Gotcha Day, Flash

LurcherGirl

I can't believe it is already 4 years today since we got Flash! He has made such a transformation from the insecure worried doglet we adopted to the confident chap he is these days!

All my grey hair (and there's a fair few of them now... :rolley: ) are almost exclusively due to Flash! Undiagnosed food allergies caused behaviour problems (disobedience on walks, messing indoors etc) which tested even my patience at the time!

But those times are gone now, his system is stable, and due to his vegan diet he is fit and healthy - mentally and physically! Since last year, he has finally grown up as well (as much as salukis ever grow up that is) and he is a joy to be with!

He is probably also the only saluki in the country that does competitive obedience! :D My trainer says that's because no-one else is stupid enough to try... :ph43r: :lol:

Flash is a one-in-a-million dog and although he wasn't an easy dog by any account in his first 3 years with us , I can't imagine life without this nutty creature! Every day I am grateful to Kaye from LurcherLink for letting me have this most beautiful boy in my life.

Vera

150408.jpg

Garden%20250409-2.JPG

Flash261207-4.jpg

Flash0806-14.jpg

Cottage%20250409-2.JPG

Garden%20260409-4.JPG

And he is a bit of a commedian too...

Flash0806-6.jpg

Flash0806-5.jpg

Flash0806-12-1.jpg

Picture%20983.JPG

Playing with his brothers

Garden%20250409-4.JPG

With Daddy

Carew%20Castle%20270409-2.JPG

Happy gotcha day, lovely Flash :wub:

I didn't know that anyone anywhere in the whole universe did competitive obedience with a saluki :laugh: Very impressed.

Snap, I thought I was the only loony thinking about doing it with a husky cross - but a SALUKI ....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg

Bet you don't see many others doing it with a saluki tho. I have heard that one of the two better people have got huskies as they want more of a CHALLENGE than their usual border collies.

I shall be all right as long as there are no rabbits anywhere near the showground as recall disappears out of the window when small furries appear.

Bet you don't see many others doing it with a saluki tho. I have heard that one of the two better people have got huskies as they want more of a CHALLENGE than their usual border collies.

I shall be all right as long as there are no rabbits anywhere near the showground as recall disappears out of the window when small furries appear.

No, no-one I know has ever come across another saluki or even saluki cross at obedience shows. There is however a lady that does it with afghans. :)

Vera

I'm in South London, a bit far to "pop along" I guess... but here's an obedience test I have done with Dylan at Bishop Burton College, (keeping in mind that he had a small abscess on his foot so we didn't insist on sits if he didn't want to do them):

Copyright by Pauline Jackson, 2007

If you fancy doing it, I would definitely give it a go. They are not easy, but it's not impossible! They will never be obedience champions and with Flash I am unlikely to ever compete in outside venues due to his habit of suddenly taking off for a run... But he enjoys the indoor limit shows and always makes people's heads turn when he works.

Vera

Yes, you are a bit far to pop along. But that was impressive with Dylan - I am definitely up for a new challenge and poor Chloe is the designated challenge. Barty's poorly hips preclude him from ever being precise enough and because I have competed before (and got up to working B) I am not allowed to enter him in the lower classes.

Onwards and upwards.

Goodness Vera, is it really 4 years since I homechecked you. I love that Flash of yours and was slightly jealous that I couldn't have him, but it wasn't the right time! You've really worked wonders with him and he looks so great. Happy Gotcha Day Handsome!