UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is There A Natural Alternative To Wormers Suppied By Vet?

katie and missy

a recent post re natural flea tick remedies got me thinking is there anything i can give my dog for worm prevention. i am currently following the vets recommendations which is now x2 yearly but she always gets a tummy upset following them and hasnt had worms since we brought her home as a puppy. i am just getting concerned re all the chemical that i am putting on/in my dog when i take such care over her food and what goes into that

thanks in advance for any replys

There is a natural wormer - it's called Four Seasons:

http://www.homoeopet.co.uk/fourseasons.htm

I'm not sure how effective it is compared to the likes of Drontal. I have used Four Seasons before but not for a while. Have been using Drontal recently, but like yours, mine get loose poohs afterwards. Though last time I did it, I gave them a probiotic powder as they were wormed, for a few days, and that definitely seemed to reduce the "looseness".

I know how you feel, I never feel 100% right about using things like Drontal.

Four Seasons doesn't prevent worms, it eliminates any in the system, so any worms will be expelled.

Sorry, you're right, it won't prevent worms anymore than Drontal will, I was suggesting it as a "natural" alternative to the likes of Drontal.

It's good to know that it works though as having never seen anything in the dogs' pooh other than when M-M was first wormed as a pup, I am never quite sure! I might give it another go :)

i got some from FOLKLORE PRODUCTS but i didn't get any worms out of the foster greyhound i got it for, so i honestly can't say if it works or not- it needs testing on a dog who is known to have worms to be sure. It is very easy to use though.

We use Verm X and it appears to do the job but we use Four Seasons on Sam Beagle as he hates the taste of Verm X :rolleyes: It has a lot of garlic in and he hates it :unsure:

We have wormed with natural medicines for years but be aware that Tapeworm can be very difficult to get rid of with herbal wormer if they pick them up.

We worm the horses with Verm X also but do worm them with chemical wormer twice yearly to deal with Tapeworm.