UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bbc Complaint Re Picture Of English Bull Terrier

I may be over the top with this but the homepage under Online Extremism there is a picture of an English Bull Terrier next to the headline Hate 2.0 The Rise of Online Extremism (if you click the tab of this name).

Then if you hover your cursor over the picture it is logged as picture of a pit bull -

1. English Bull Terrier isn't a pitbull as I'm sure you know.

2. Its completely irrelevant, so yet again they are demonising a breed in the press!

I'm really irrate about this and my complaint has been logged - link to the pic is www.bbc.co.uk and the complaints phone number is 03700 100 222. x

I may be over the top with this but the homepage under Online Extremism there is a picture of an English Bull Terrier next to the headline Hate 2.0 The Rise of Online Extremism (if you click the tab of this name).

Then if you hover your cursor over the picture it is logged as picture of a pit bull -

1. English Bull Terrier isn't a pitbull as I'm sure you know.

2. Its completely irrelevant, so yet again they are demonising a breed in the press!

I'm really irrate about this and my complaint has been logged - link to the pic is www.bbc.co.uk and the complaints phone number is 03700 100 222. x

Have they changed the home page? If I click on that link I can't even find Online Extremism mentioned :unsure:

I think they have, I had a look earlier but then someone phoned me before I could do more than look at it, and it seems to have gone now. It was an artists interpretation not a photo, but I agree it did look like an EBT. Though even if it had been a pit bull, it still would have been irrelevant to the topic.