UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Harness

Pendlewitch

I need a harness for Cecil that can be put on without him having to step into it. He really resents having his front legs moved off the floor even an inch so the one he has is a no go, I'm going to get bitten if I carry on with it and I don't like stressing him anyway. He has to have a harness as he is on an extening lead, a collar is no good as his neck is bigger than his head and the collar would pop straight off, I use halti's as a rule but can't put the extender on those so I'm a bit stuck! Any ideas greatfully received!

I've recently bought a dog games harness -- the padded one -- for Tricks as his previous harness had started to rub his 'armpits'. He loves his new harness and seems very comfy in it. :biggrin:

I think they would give good control for a large dog, but Tricks doesn't lunge (and isn't large) so can't say for sure.

Edited by JoT

I use the Mekuti ones, they go over the dogs head, a bit goes through the front legs and attaches at the sides of the back, no need to lift the dog's feet off the ground.

Would they give good control for large boisterous dogs that can lunge at a moment's notice?

I use the Mekuti for Max who does lunge sometimes. It doesn't stop him lunging but I feel much better about holding him than I ever did with a collar and lead.

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/harness_shop.htm