UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend - Who's Bringing What

zico's mum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EGGS

Sudden brainwave...... If anyone is interested I can bring some eggs from my girls.... they are freerange and if I save them from say 21st they will be less than 2 weeks old (to get enough for peeps at average 3 per day that should be 42 eggs - could be more as most days they actually produce 1 each.)

No charge of course but maybe an honesty box with the proceeds to the Oldies Club?

If you are interested please put a note on here so I know whether to save them up or do the normal and hand out to neighbours, friends, the builders etc!!! Will be a case of first come first served.

a dozen for me please if possible,I will pay the going price of course. We luffs our eggs.Apparantly the boys want to join the bbq. How does it work? Do we all bring and cook our own stuff? I didnt join in last year as hubby "doesnt do bbq's" but the grandsons are keen. x

OK

3 eggs for Rufus the Wonderdog

12 eggs for Cher & co

the going rate is a donation to the Oldies - I will leave it up to you how much but my girls are happy to oblige and squeeze out the eggs in a good cause... well ok they squeeze them out anyway, and seeing the size of some of them my eyes water!

Yes, everyone brings something for the BBQ but there is usually loads to go around. Last year we all bought bits and pieces to go with the meat too, some bought sauces or salad or bread rolls and cakes. :biggrin: We kind of pooled it. Whilst we cooked what we had bought for ourselves, we just cooked the rest that we didnt need for anyone else that wanted it. That way using up packs of burgers and sausage etc rather than half a pack here and there. It worked out quite well and everyone was stuffed. The dogs all had leftover meat too. :biggrin: Its really upto you. If you just want to take your own thats fine but as we shopped there and were camping we just bought packs of stuff. I think we ended up giving some of the leftover unopened food to some of the people who were staying on at the site and anyone else that wanted it. :biggrin:

I'd like a few eggs please too. I wont say half a dozen as your girls are going to be overworked! :laugh:

are there designated cooks then or do we all bring our own barbies? sorry if I am asking obvious questions. I wouldn't like to assume that I would eat what someone else had to cook.x

Cher, as Mums away I'll volunteer us to cook your stuff on your gas barbie, I know you can't eat onions so if you bring your bits we'll make space on there for yours (I'm sure Mum won't mind, its usually Keith and me that cook anyway :wink: )

Edited by chasta

We have a proper BBQ with coals that we take camping so can cook for whoever needs one.

Also have a small gas one if its needed as well.

We will bring what we usually eat so the children are happy but will bring extra to put in the BBQ kitty as well.

Is anyone doing desserts???

Ok.

42 eggs booked.

At 3 a day if I save from 21st that is all of them (well 2 short but I doubt if I will use all the ones put down for me) but most days we get 4 so potentially there could be around another dozenish..... so if anyone else wants some still put your names down and watch this space with bated breath from 21st onwards when I can put a note to say how close to target we are each day and you will know before Friday 3rd whether there will be enough for you as well.

When I bring them they will be mixed in whatever boxes/containers I have to hand to make sure everyone gets a mix of the newer and slightly older ones.

Edited by buddyboy