UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mum

Spins4me

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure the funeral is what you want for your Mum, and not what others have decided for you or your family. With Matthew, we made it a celebration of his life, it was a wonderful day that we will never forget, full of love, joy and a little sadness. A perfect day for a perfect son :)

:GroupHug:

My Mum passed away in her sleep during the night. She was 89 and had suffered from dementia for about 12 years. I really hope she's with my Dad now because she never stopped missing him.

:GroupHug: I've only just read this but just wanted to say I'm sorry to read of your loss. It's only last November that my own Dad passed away & 89 & dementia or not I would imagine it wasn't a time you were ever going to be "ready for".

When my Dad's friend / friends wife of many years passed away a couple of years ago his funeral notice read

No one ever really dies just as long as there is someone here to remember. When there is no one left to remember it only means that we are all back together again"

It's a thought I liked & have over the last couple of years found some comfort in myself. I too therefore hope that it will have been proven true for your Mum & Dad & they are now happily reunited :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: I've only just read this but just wanted to say I'm sorry to read of your loss. It's only last November that my own Dad passed away & 89 & dementia or not I would imagine it wasn't a time you were ever going to be "ready for".

When my Dad's friend / friends wife of many years passed away a couple of years ago his funeral notice read

No one ever really dies just as long as there is someone here to remember. When there is no one left to remember it only means that we are all back together again"

It's a thought I liked & have over the last couple of years found some comfort in myself. I too therefore hope that it will have been proven true for your Mum & Dad & they are now happily reunited :GroupHug:

Thank you, Ian. I really like the quote.