UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If You Get A Message From Me Via Facebook Do Not Open

She sounds a delight :rolleyes: Sorry you were upset Sam, sometimes people behave very strangely and there's really nothing you can do about it - so just look around you all at all the people who know you are a wonderful person and will do everything they can to support you and concentrate on that :GroupHug:

I know I am over tired I don't normally cry at serious stuff let alone something like this so Mark had a right shock when I burst into tears

I think what really upset me was the way the person brought Dogstar into it and referenced past donations and made a point of saying they were going to donate more and now won't , Dogstar is a huge part of my life and is clearly very important to me so its very unfair if someone is having a go at me ( which was unfair anyway I thought ) to use reference potential donations in such a way

just seems a bit spiteful and yes you are right I don't want money from anyone who can be that hurtful to a person ( any person ) I would rather sell my Tufty the Squirrel Songbook ( original copy ) and badge

Someone has a guilty mind me things :flowers: easier to rant at others then to just apologise!

Some people are strange, and that's what makes the world interesting - some people are just mean and that means we don't have to to talk to everyone!

uhm is there a market out there for Tufty the Squirrel Songbook and badge??? :unsure:

Sam, I didn't open your link but I seem to be infected too - all kinds of strange messages - think it's a VERY big Facebook problem at the moment - Gold base scam!

sorry :flowers:

have you changed your password ? I did and then facebook locked me out and made me do it all over again but it seems to be okay now

dont know if this helps?

got one from you and one from John so far, not from any others though which is good so hopefully not many of us opened them

Sorry that horrible person got to you Sam xxxxxxx

Goldbase.be is a Facebook Scam: DO NOT Visit [WARNING]

May 24th, 2009

Goto comments Leave a comment

It seems there’s no end to the Facebook spam and phishing attacks. Today my Facebook inbox shows there’s another attack underway that’s suckering even some of the most tech savvy users: I’m receiving Facebook mails with links to “.be†sites which are obviously nefarious. The subject line of the mails is “Look at Thisâ€.

If you receive such a mail, DO NOT click links to the following sites:

goldbase.be

greenbuddy.be

silvertag.be

picoband.be

As we saw with Twitter’s Mikeyy attacks, these scams are particularly effective at weekends because the websites have less staff on hand to deal with them.

What To Do

If you receive one of these Facebook mails, simply delete it - one of your friends is infected but not you. If you find, however, that your account is sending the mails:

1. As a precaution, go to your browser settings and clear your cookies.

2. Change your Facebook password

3. Make sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a full system scan

Reviews: Facebook

Tags: facebook, goldbase, greenbuddy, picoband, silvertag

Sorry you've had such a rough time over something that is totally not your fault, Sam :GroupHug:

I've amended my facebook profile so I no longer get e-mail notifications of anything. There seem to be so many problems with spam via facebook accounts at them moment, not just yours, it seemed the safest thing to do :flowers: