UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

After They Are Gone..........

K9Fran

I went to see my neighbour today. Her husband died suddenly on Saturday and she was talking to me about his funeral. She showed me a small green box in a display cabinet in the living room and said, That's Bea (ashes of one of her Springers) she's going in with him." There was another box beside it and she told me that it contained her other Springer's ashes and that they would be going in with her when the time came.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my thoughts have changed a lot over the years and although I have my dogs ashes back they are not in a "special place" in fact I don't know where Winnie is at the moment !

before I went to Sri Lanka I finally got round to scattering Floydy ( my cat who passed away in Jan 2004 ) and at some point I will get round to the dogs as well

When my sister died we scattered some of her ashes in the field with her horses, my dad kept some and I kept some. I always joke that I've got about an arm or leg's worth :laugh: I *might* also have scattered a few ashes at Maine Road (she was a Man U supporter and I'm City through and through) :devil:

Edited by merledogs

My hounds are all back with me in caskets (rather a lot of them now :( ). I take their collar off them when they've gone (so far I've been with all of them at the vets) and it sits on my bedside cabinet until the casket comes back then both stay beside me until I feel able to put them on the special shelf in our wardrobe. Dylan wears Red's collar now though :wub:

I'd like them to go with me when it's my turn, must remember to add that to my will :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Smudge is in his second casket now as the first one was damaged in the house fire. That gave me an opportunity to put some things in his casket with him, something I didn't think of at the time. I also kept a small amount to put in a necklace, again something I didn't think of at the time.

He is in our bedroom with one of his favourite toys sitting on his casket and photograph next to it. I also have a box with lots of bits and bobs, collar, bandanas and photos that the casket sits on.

He will go with me when the time comes.

Also OH's parents bought me a rose called 'Remember Me' which is planted in a tub so we can take it with us if we ever move.

Edited by Jasper's Debs

:GroupHug: I'm sorry to read of your loss. As to what to do next I think the answer is whatever suits you - some scatter ashes, some keep them, some bury them (personally I buried rather than cremated both of my girls here in the garden but have since thought about what if I moved?)

You can get caskets you could bury and later take with you if you wished & you may be able to get some ideas from a pet crematorium website eg http://www.lincspetcrem.co.uk/ or the Blue Cross pet bereavement service http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/About...t/PBSSIntro.asp