UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flyball Brags

gooster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were at a starters competition run by the maple leafs yesterday and they were running a singles competition, a single run over low jumps with electronic timing. Meg won doing a run in 4.09 seconds!! I'm so pleased as she beat some of the top flyball dogs from the maple leafs and shooting stars! :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Went to maidstone yesterday and megs team came 2nd in div 2, with extremely close racing with seed 1, the shooting stars, so very close to coming first. Our fastest time of the day was 18.49 which is our personal best indoors - infact we only went below 19 seconds once all summer outside!

Murphy did his first indoor competition yesterday, and was a bit difficult in the morning but managed to complete 8 whole runs in the afternoon over full height jumps, so i'm really proud of my dippy spaniel. His team also came second, but were very close to first with 2 teams drawing and when taking the fastes time the winners was 21.69 and murphy's team was 21.74! I'm hoping he may have finally got his flyball dog certificate, but i'm not going to celebrate yet!

It was a great day out yesterday despite the rain and snow, and a great way to end the year. :partytime:

• 1 month later...

We wnet back up to Maidstone Yesterday and the Hampshire Hogs came 4th in devision 3 and we had a great day apart from the long drive home in the rain :)

I was really please with Lucky as he had been so ill just before Christmas :wub:

Hoping to get Oni to a starters comp in March :) she is running so well in class but will have to work on her change overs as she wants to chase the dog coming the other way :rolleyes: but we'll get their :)

Annyetta has done the brag for me above as well as murphy was on the same team, however my bigest brag is that murphy managed to do a whole days racing without making one mistake - even when naughty mummy let go to early and did an early change over, he just went round the first jump and carried on.

Given that he has previously been a naughty springer who has taken years to teach flyball, with no interest in balls originally and wating to chase the other team all the time this is quite amazing for him. He's not the fastest dog in the world but we both enjoy it so i'm really pleased.

We've just got to see now if he can manage it outside with lots of smells and sunlight - he's a shadow chaser and his brain tend to switch off when its sunny!