gooster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Probably not a very big brag for most people, but Maddie got her first flyball points on Sunday :cheer: . It has taken over 3 years to get her to open racing and lots of us have worked really hard to get her there. Big thanks have to go to Mandy (Mad Mandy on here) for not giving up on us and also to my new team members at Rotherham for giving her a chance. The worried little timid girl appears to be a thing of the past cos the only real problem I had with her was getting her to stop leaping in the air and spinning round when I was trying to line her up for the start!!!

I am really proud of my little Saluki girl, she is the only saluki in flyball and has overcome a lot of her fears to get this far, and to be really starting to enjoy it now. Onwards and upwards for my beautful little girl, flyball dog here we come :wub: :wub:

Welldone kimbas_mum :flowers:

Well i have a bit of a brag too the Hampshire Holligans came 1st in devision 5 at Maidstone at the weekend it was very close near the end but the team rallied and we won :) Not bad for our team who was made up of a kelpie, spaniel, x breed, a tollar and a collie who has had a double hip replacement :)

The other teams did well too the Hampshire Harriers came 2nd in div 1 and the Hampshire Hounds came 2nd in div 4 :) so a good day was had by all.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Never thought I'd be back to post this... But Wilf got his first ever flyball points on Sunday, after just 2 training sessions and 2 starter comps!!!!!!! He is a natural at flyball it seems. He was only supposed to be running apprentice and doing warm ups, but the team decided to put him in for a few races! He got 120 points, and only messed up once, which was my fault. He had a false start, and I just took the ball off him, and chucked it at the bucket. When I let him go again, he just span round and went for that one instead of the one in the box :rolleyes: I was so proud of him!!!! Just need to get my starts nailed now (team captain told me I need to go back to Cheshire to learn how to do them properly!!!!)

Charliegoo is also getting his fitness back, running consistently 4.7 secs - not bad for an old git!!!!

Little Sooperted is also enjoying his return from retirement!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Hampshire Harriers came first in Div 2 at the european Championships last weekend in Beliguim it was an amazing feeling! Our other team the hooligans came 2nd after a nail biting finish in the final.

A few weekends before meg's team got first place in div 1 for the first time ever! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Its been a good month!

• 3 weeks later...

Jed started learning Flyball last year, but when we moved our nearest team was 1.5 hrs drive away (on a good day!!) so it stopped in September. A few weeks ago we heard of a new team being set up locally and joined in. Jed has been classed as good enough to form part of a team for the Starters Tournaments in July!!!!

I am so proud - my boy is not aerodynamic but he is dedicated. He is a boxer-pointer cross so a big, heavy dog - and he is completely deaf, so where the other dogs get the verbal encouragement urging them to race there and back he just gets on with the job and his praise is big thumbs up and cuddles when he gets back to me.

We were at Frimley over the weekend and boy was it hot :wacko:

But all the dogs ran well division 8 with a total mix of dogs my x-breed Lucyandmegs Springer a goldie and a kelpie :) and a borrowed box loader :laugh: we managed to win the division even though we were seaded 4th. We also had a 5th member Blue who descided that full height coupled with fireworks the night before was just too much and descided not to compete :( we as a team tried our best to get him up and back but to no aval :(

Lucy's Murphy (springer spaniel) ran very well and was up for it the hole time.

Lucy my x-breed we had to keep cool as he suffers from the heat but with the new cooling coat i bought him and my oh following us around with a cool bottle of water kept him running :) without that coat he wouldn't have raced.

Pip (goldie) ran well and so did Mazie (kelpie) our start dog :)

• 4 months later...