UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flyball Brags

gooster

My beautifull girl Maddie :wub: was fab at training on Wednesday night, for the first time she was doing full runs up over the jumps to a ball on the floor at the box and back over the jumps without me having to throw the ball up there for her to collect. Might not sound like much to most people, but it has taken us 2 years to get to this stage and it is a massive step for her to run up for a 'dead' ball and get excited about it all :partytime: :partytime:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That i brilliant news, I know exactly how you feel :) :)

I seem to have missed a few brags so congrats to all it seems like it has been a good start to the season.

My brag - Pumpkin is a flyball dog :) :) , unfortunately she came into season last week so it will be a while before she can improve on it :rolleyes:

THe harriers went sub 18 for the first time ever in sanctioned competition with proper timing yesterday! We did 17.91 at maidstone but as the timing had roken and they were using stop watches we were told it didn't count, but at all about dogs yesterday we smashed our seed time in every race in the morning.

Our current seed time was 18.20, in the first race we went 18.19, second race, 18.10 and in the third race against the maple leafs we went 17.87!!!!! :)

It all went wrong in the afternoon as the extreme heat got to both dogs and handlers, but we didn't care because we had achieved our goal of breaking the 18 second barrier and actually winning a leg against the maple leafs! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday at eggborough, Bishop Burton Brainiacs took second in div 9 having won 4 out of 5 legs, only being beaten by the eventual 1st placed team :)

even better we smashed our seed time by 1.4 secs (from 24.03 down to 22.63) and also recorded our best ever team. A long way off you div 1&2 teasm but we're still chuffed to bits especially as we run with only one BC in the team and my JRT.

I'm really proud of Maddie my Saluki girl, after 2 long years of trying she finally took part in her first starter tournament on Sunday, I was only aiming to do run backs with her in the warm ups but she was so good that I did a few runs with her in warm up and even a couple on competition, she didn't put a paw wrong and seemed to really enjoy herself :partytime: . It might not seem like much to a lot of people, but I never thought she would want to do flyball or that I could convince her to take part, but hopefully this is the first step to her becoming the first Saluki to do open flyball :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Emma and Elliot :partytime:

At training on Wednesday night Maddie took the ball out of the box for the first time ever, she was totally unfazed by the noise and was really enjoying herself, I think telling her that the only way to win Murphy Whippets heart was to do flyball might actually have worked!!! :wub:

Well done Emma and Elliot :partytime:

At training on Wednesday night Maddie took the ball out of the box for the first time ever, she was totally unfazed by the noise and was really enjoying herself, I think telling her that the only way to win Murphy Whippets heart was to do flyball might actually have worked!!! :wub:

oh god cathrine now im going to have to work on flyte :rolleyes:

dizzy pointy dogs :rolleyes: