UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fostering With A View To Failing?

Rileyroo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in for any news :unsure:

Just a very quick update. We collected Kevin yesterday and he's an absolute sweetheart. So gentle, but a little nervous and unsettled not surprisingly. He's been very good with the cats too. He's had a bath to help remove his thick winter coat and he's lovely and soft now. He seems to be housetrained which is an added bonus. I will post pictures when I get the chance. Oh and he snores - but it's cute. :wub:

Riley, on the other hand, is not taking well to sharing and I'm having to watch her like a hawk and keep them separate unless I'm there to supervise as she is being a stroppy madam. Too long on her own, I guess - it's nearly two years since Tracey Whippet came to stay and she was over the moon to share with her. They have had a run together on our walk this morning and she is starting to soften towards him but it can't be fun for him. I have a plan to help her accept him - and tomorrow we'll be at agility all day so there will be lots of other more friendly dogs for him to say hello to which I think he'll appreciate.

Paddy's away now until Easter Sunday - it's going to be a long week :wacko:

Another quick update - things are looking up.

They both came up on the bed for a cuddle yesterday morning and Riley was fine about it - they ended up lying facing each other and playing very gently with feet / mouths etc. They had a fantastic run at agility - enclosed space so no worries about him legging it - and he was superb with the other trainers' dogs which range from CKCSpaniels to a very large and sometimes bolshy GSD. Kevin didn't take any rubbish from the GSD and very soon they were playing like old friends. His dog manners are absolutely superb.

He is gradually winning Riley round - they're almost playing now at my feet. He's trying really hard to persude her that he's fun and for a few seconds she forgets herself, plays with him and then goes back to ignoring him. :rolleyes:

Oooooh - he's succeeded - much looney running around going on now. Off to try and get some photos before they stop :biggrin: