UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fugee Knowledge Required

phoenix

i thought my old machine had had it when all the stitching underneath started to gather in the feeder and jamming, so i bought a new machine yesterday, and its doing exactly the same i've tried changing the needle size (fabrics quite thick) and adjusting the tension dosnt seem to work either...........what am i doing wrong :unsure:

I can be about as much help as Terri. I currently have my mum's sewing machine - she thought it was broken because it was doing what you describe. When she pulled it out to see what state it was in when I asked about borrowing it, it was fixed. I've had the same problem a few times, but I just take out the bobbin case and reinsert, then rethread and it normally fixes it. One thing I've noticed (I don't really know how to sew, and am just sort of making it up as I go along, so this may be stupid/obvious) is that it is more likely to happen if I have a long piece of thread threaded through the needle, and it gets caught up in the stitching if I don't hold on to it for the first couple of stitches.

That must be v annoying. From dim and v distant memory have you got the spool in round the right way?

I can't remember the correct terminology, but I seem to remember when my machine was doing the same thing, it turned out to be because I'd threaded it wrong :rolleyes:

:laugh: i knew i could rely on fugee knowledge for ideas, i will check and recheck EVERYTHING (although i'm sure i've threaded it right) great links, i will keep hold of those for future reference

i bought the machine from a catologue, but there is a sewing machine repair shop in town............do you think it woulkd be a bit cheeky to ask them to show me what i'm doing wrong :unsure:

i bought the machine from a catologue, but there is a sewing machine repair shop in town............do you think it would be a bit cheeky to ask them to show me what i'm doing wrong :unsure:

Don't ask you don't get :D

I've found that local sewing machine shops can be very useful and if they help you out they hope that you will come back to them to have your machine serviced, to buy extra gadgets etc.

Don't ask you don't get :D .

how very true :laugh: ok, i have correctly threaded the machine so i'm gonna have to plead the sweet but dumb lady at the shop and ask them to show me, :rolleyes:

thanks for all your fugee knowledge....again :flowers:

on my machine there is a special litle adjustor, sorry I don't have a clue about others

I would take it to a shop and ask, I always do and my local shop never seems to mind as I always buy stuff from them anyway

I aso find that if the thread on the top arm comes off that happens

Tension?, stitch too small?, also if I use a poly thread on the bobbin and cotton on the top stitch that sometimes happens,