UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Non Animal Tested Products

EAD

Lush

Yaoh

Lavera (from healthfood shops, but their bodymilk seems to dry my skin out rather than moisturise it)

Jason (from healthfood shops, I luuuuurve their stuff! :))

Original Source (cheap from Sainsbury's :))

For cleaning the house rather than onseself I get Astonish products from QualitySave, as their whole range is specifically labeled free of animal products and not tested :flowers:

This is copied from the uncaged website :unsure:

Shops, Supermarkets and Department Stores

The following supermarkets adhere to a FCOD for both toiletries and cleaning products:

Aldi

Coop

Marks and Spencer

Netto

Nisa/Today

These supermarkets adhere to the FCOD for their toiletries only:

Sainsburys

Somerfield

Waitrose

Supermarkets not mentioned here are NOT recommended at all (eg. Asda, Morrisons, Tesco)

Other recommended shops and companies that can be found on the High Street include:

Lush

Neal's Yard

Next

Like the look of the Astonish range and looks reasonably priced too.

Boots own aren't tested but you won't find them on any of the lists because they obviously do test medicines on animals (which I think is an issue for the law rather than Boots personally but that's another conversation I guess).

I seem to recall that Tesco are ok but aren't listed cos they didn't respond to a request for info or something like that.

I've just looked at the Tesco moisturiser and no where does it say it's not tested :angry: .......I was under the impression they didn't. I've gone of Tesco a bit anyway, after the shabby way they treated H F W in his latest chicken programm , I'd stop shopping there but there's now where else round here.

Boots own brand products aren't tested on animals and most supermarket own brand stuff isn't either (Sainsburys, Tesco, etc) :flowers:

Will give Boots a try then.

Lush

Yaoh

Lavera (from healthfood shops, but their bodymilk seems to dry my skin out rather than moisturise it)

Jason (from healthfood shops, I luuuuurve their stuff! :))

Original Source (cheap from Sainsbury's :))

For cleaning the house rather than onseself I get Astonish products from QualitySave, as their whole range is specifically labeled free of animal products and not tested :flowers:

I started using the Astonish after the last 'convo' we had on the vegan festival thread. I also found a brand called 'Easy' in the same shop which is also not tested on animals. :biggrin: Will have a look at Sainsburys stuff too as we have a localish one. :flowers:

I have loads of stuff to use up first as I'm not going to waste it, but shampoo and the like doesnt last me long. Lauren and OH have their own bottles as they prefer their own brands :rolleyes:

Just found this - http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/CAMPAIGNS/...iments/ALL/303/

They state 'Tesco do not conduct any testing on animals, nor do we commission any tests, or allow our product manufacturers to conduct such tests on our behalf'. However, they do not have a FCOD, as they feel it is unnecessary given the above statement.

It seems to be a similar position with Sainsburys, Boots, Superdrug and others in that they do not do any animal testing but they will use new ingredients which, by law, have to be tested on animals. Those operating a fixed cut off date refuse to use ingredients tested by others after a certain date.

I popped into Boots earlier and had a look at a couple of their ranges. The Naked something or other looks nice and they had another range of skincare/ bodywashes which I have forgotten the name of which says not tested on animals. Also I went into Home Bargains and remembered I had found this before which is pretty good and cheap too. Twisted Sista

The only problem is that although some products are not animal tested they may contain animal ingredients so if you are vegan or concerned about that then steer clear unless it states that they are free from animal ingredients also. I am not talking just about honey, lanolin etc but real grotty stuff like animal fat and tissues etc( slaughterhouse by products) :sick01:

Faith In Nature stuff is good too and there are no Parabens or SLS in their products either :)

As for household cleaners etc I always buy Co Op as they are non tested and free from animal ingredients and cheap too. I use to buy Ecover until I found out that they don't have a fixed cut off date re testing :mad: